Billy Blanks Tae Bo Abs Workout  » Health  »
  • I found this part of the workout tougher personally as it seems to strain my neck a bit
  • Whereas I usually find a lot of sculpting workouts boring, I found this one supercharged and more like a fun class
  • I think if you are looking for some serious help for your mid-section this workout would be ideal

• by Jude244

I purchased my first Tae Bo Workout several years ago. Back then, I was out of breath during the warm up. Thankfully, I’m in better shape now and am looking forward to doing the Billy Blanks Tae Bo Abs workout I just received from an online purchase.

The workout starts with some footwork in all directions to get your heart rate up and then adds crosses, and uppercuts to bring some upper body involvement. From there it was on to Twists that work the core and then added arms to the core rotations.

After that we moved on to a side abs movement both with rapid movement, and hold; which isolated the muscle. From there we had more twists, and I began to think that twists and side knee lifts really build up

a lot of this particular workout.

One nice thing, although the moves really target the midsection, none were complicated or beyond a beginners grasp. The pace of the workout though rapid was not extraordinary, and could be managed by many people, as I would imagine.

From there we went back to more trunk rotations or twists, and then bend down for some toe touches in a wide stance. Doing this workout reminded me of the kick boxing workouts I used to do in a local class, and it was nice to revisit some of the familiar moves.

Next we moved on to a side kick which has you lean to the opposite side and bring your arm up and down toward the moving leg. After that it was more trunk ...

• rotations with arms and then we moved to the other leg and did a set of the side kick move followed once again by twists.

After the first section of this workout was completed, we moved on to the second half, in what was considered the ab strength bonus workout. For the bonus workout, you get to move down to floor for some mat work out moves. I found this part of the workout tougher personally as it seems to strain my neck a bit.

In the mat workout session there were a series of moves that included crunches, and a sit up like move with knee brought up to meet the upper body, among other moves with similar movement.

One move in particular had you in a reclined but

seated position and had you bring one knee up towards your abs. That move might take getting used to. In general, I found the second ab strength half more challenging than the first half of the session.

Whereas I usually find a lot of sculpting workouts boring, I found this one supercharged and more like a fun class. I think if you are looking for some serious help for your mid-section this workout would be ideal.

As it is more unisex, I would imagine it would appeal to a lot of people not looking for a fluffy workout, but rather one that would shred their midsection as only Billy Blanks moves can do. If you want to try it for yourself and can’t find it locally, it is available online at Amazon.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3428031037861031/k2311a0328/3.28.10