Vacu Vin Rapid Ice Coolers  » Housewares  »
  • I was certainly pleased when I found an alternative to keep my drinks chilled through these wine coolers
  • The only problem I encountered with them is that sometimes the jackets slip off the bottle when I lift it to serve wine
  • The best feature of these wine accessories is that the wine is chilled immediately and keeps it that way for hours (at least 2-3 hours)

• by bethbarl

I have about three of these ice coolers primarily to keep my wine chilled while having dinner or even when eating outside like in my garden or patio. It does not matter whether the temperatures are cool or not, wine especially white wine must be drunk well chilled. Red wine also has to be kept at a temperature of about 18-20 degrees C. When the room temperature is more than these, red wine is not pleasant to drink and it really feels heavy drinking warm wine. In the beginning, I used to pour lots of ice in buckets and put my wine bottles in them. However, the ice always melts quickly and leaves a lot of mess while serving. I was certainly pleased when I found an

alternative to keep my drinks chilled through these wine coolers.

Vacu Vin has a wide product range from food savers to corkscrews and of course, these rapid wine coolers. Any wine bottle fits into this ice cooler with the exception of the champagne bottles which are wider. For this, I also bought the champagne cooler. For those who need to keep cool other types of beverages such as soda cans or beers, they are also available.

These ice coolers are very easy to use. I just store them in the freezer section of my fridge until they are used. Once I need them, I slip the bottle in the coolers and can pour straight without taking off the jackets. The bottles are sort of wrapped in these coolers. Unlike putting ...

• ice in a bucket to keep the wine chilled, this cooler has less mess. I need not wipe any water off the wine bottle before serving. Nothing drips. The only problem I encountered with them is that sometimes the jackets slip off the bottle when I lift it to serve wine. This can be annoying and sometimes, embarrassing. However, these incidents are few and far in between. Overall, I still think that the coolers are efficient and useful.

The best feature of these wine accessories is that the wine is chilled immediately and keeps it that way for hours (at least 2-3 hours). At any rate, my husband or my guests drink the wine so quickly that I do not need these coolers more than their average cooling times. They

are also reusable as each time I am done with using them, they go back straight to the freezer until the next time that I need them. In addition, they are quite durable. I have them now for nearly 5 years and they show no signs of tear and wear.

I purchased these coolers for € 10-12 which is not much considering that I have them for years now. They are very easy to use, durable and less messy than using buckets of ice. They are very practical to use inside or outside of the home. Most of all, they keep my wine and champagne well chilled once out of the refrigerator for hours. I would not hesitate to try out other products from this brand’s range of products.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5328031037060931/k2311a0328/3.28.10