Pesterminate  » Business  »
1.5
Plot 156, Unit 7, Commerce Park, Gaborone, Botswana
  • Unfortunately, the majority of them are infested with wood borers manifested by white powder which fall on the floor or on the carvings itself
  • For this problem, I contacted Pesterminate as based on their Yellow Pages ad, the company has 36 years of experience in Botswana
  • With these credentials in mind, I thought this company would get rid of the infestation affecting my animal carvings
  • They came when they said they would, inspected the infected woodwork and gave an estimate of how much it would cost to fumigate the carvings
  • While I am definitely not too pleased with the long-term results of their work or fumigation, I am certainly happy that at least they show some responsibility and accountability for their work

• by bethbarl

I have lots of wooden crafts which I have accumulated over the years in the course of living in different countries. They are meant more as souvenirs or keepsakes to remember each country that I have visited. Unfortunately, the majority of them are infested with wood borers manifested by white powder which fall on the floor or on the carvings itself. It can also spread to other areas in the house not to mention that the whole carving will be affected and ultimately destroyed.

For this problem, I contacted Pesterminate as based on their Yellow Pages ad, the company has 36 years of experience in Botswana. It’s supposed to specialize in fumigation, garden, termite treatment and proofing, rodent control and even weed and vegetation control. With these credentials in mind, I thought this company would get rid of the infestation affecting my animal carvings.

They came when they

said they would, inspected the infected woodwork and gave an estimate of how much it would cost to fumigate the carvings. I accept the quotation by affixing my signature on their quotation letter and send the same by fax. In a day or two, their people come over at my house to pick up the items, fumigate them for a week and bring them back. Pick-up and delivery are included in the price.

The first time I sent my carvings for fumigation was in May 2009. However, after 6 months, the same problem came back again. Whether it was due to the heat or incomplete fumigation the first time I sent it out for treatment, the fact remained that the same old problem cropped up again. Unfortunately, the warranty for fumigation is only for a month and obviously, I am back to square one.

I had to redo ...

• the fumigation and for the second time sent the problematic statue back to Pesterminate in addition to other carvings I had which apparently showed the same infestation. I had to pay another Pulas 550 or $ 79 and my stuff were out for treatment for another week. I was quite happy for a few months (treatment was done in December 2009) and I did not see any sign of these destructive wood borers.

However, since a week now, the same problem came up again. I know that the warranty does not play anymore but just the same, I wanted to mention it to the company that they have not quite succeeded in pest proofing my wooden carving (it’s a carved rhino, by the way). I was patched through the owner and I thought I would given the casual, “Sorry, Ma’m when it left our premises, all the

wood borers were eliminated”. I was quite surprised when Mr. David offered to treat the rhino again but this time seal it with a coating to prevent wood borers from infecting it again.

While I am definitely not too pleased with the long-term results of their work or fumigation, I am certainly happy that at least they show some responsibility and accountability for their work. After all, this is the second time I have sent the same carving to the same company with little results. As of this writing, I am still waiting for my rhino to be picked up. I’m beginning to think that it was just a ruse to placate a customer as I have not heard from them since last week. Until I get my rhino properly treated, I am not going to shell another $ 79 or more with this company for any fumigation work.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4128031037040931/k2311a0328/3.28.10