Lantus Medication for Diabetes  » Medicine  »
  • I found that Lantus works well in helping to control my diabetes
  • I know of some people that only take Lantus and nothing else
  • I like this pen very much because it is faster then drawing medicine from a vial
  • In my area, the cost for the Opti Click versus the vial is relatively close
  • I would highly recommend this medication for anyone that has diabetes and in need of long term insulin

• by vpriddy
      Lantus is an injection insulin for treating diabetes. It is a slow acting and long term insulin. Patients are required to take one shot daily.

I found that Lantus works well in helping to control my diabetes. Like other insulin, Lantus has to be stored in the refrigerator until ready to use.

You can put it in a cooler if you’re going to

be overnight without your refrigerator. The advantage to injecting Lantus is that you will have to use less of your short term acting insulin.

I know of some people that only take Lantus and nothing else. I have to supplement mine with Humalog Insulin.

You do not feel the full effects of Lantus until about twelve hours after the injection. Lantus has come out ...

• with a new Opti Click insulin pen.

I like this pen very much because it is faster then drawing medicine from a vial. The pens can go several days without refrigeration which makes travel much easier then the vial of Lantus.

In my area, the cost for the Opti Click versus the vial is relatively close. With the vial you have to purchase syringes.

The Opti Click it�s easier to dispose of the needle tip in a safe container then it is the syringes. Syringes fill up the container much more quickly then the Opti Click.

I would highly recommend this medication for anyone that has diabetes and in need of long term insulin. Be sure to check with your health care provider for what is best for you.

Moira Halward says :

I have been using Lantos for over a year now and I have noticed considerable weight gain please confirm is it possible my weight gain is attributed to the Lantos.

Galega says :

Yes, Weight Gain is one of the many possible side effects of using Lantus Insulin injection. It is usually comes as edema which is associated with sudden restoration of some glucose. As you are going with insulin therapy, your body starts to use calorie more efficiently. This may also lead to weight gain.

If you are going intensive Lantus insulin therapy, you are more likely to gain weight.

Guess, this weight gain is not a side effect, in true sense. It is efficient use of glucose and calorie which leads to weight gain.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26811103680630/k2311a118/11.8.06