Mayfair Just Musk Perfume  » Perfume  »
1.5
  • I bought this scent online for my sister to give to our gran
  • I wasn’t expecting the best Perfume for even the original price, but since our gran is in her 70’s then I thought she would quite like it
  • The lettering is simple on the front and although I think it does look cheap compared to other scent boxes out there, it isn’t too cheap looking
  • I like to be able to smell all these different notes and this was just 1 long block of notes
  • So perhaps the target age would be over 60’s as everyone else that smelt it thought it was just too strong and boring

• by leeanne

I bought this scent online for my sister to give to our gran. She is on a bit of a budget and asked me to look up a Perfume that would quite cheap, looked not so cheap and the kind of scent that our gran would like. The 2 kinds of scent that our gran likes the most is Musk ones and Lilly of the valley, so this one fitted the Musk part and the budget.

I only seen this in a 100ml bottle. The recommended retail price for this is £12.99, but it was on offer for £9. I wasn’t expecting the best Perfume for even the original price, but since our gran is in her 70’s then I thought she would quite like it. I looked online

other places for this and found it at the odd other website but not many other sites. I’m not sure if this has been out for a while, but it is the kind of scent I would expect to find in a budget chemist.

The box is quite a large square shape. It is a nice gold, brown colour and nothing too flash or fancy. The lettering is simple on the front and although I think it does look cheap compared to other scent boxes out there, it isn’t too cheap looking.

The bottle is a thick square and you can see the liquid through the glass. It is a medium brown colour and looks as if the scent would be quite strong. The lettering is in the middle of ...

• the bottle. Also down the side of the bottle on a sticker is what looks like some Chinese writing. Looks ok. The lid on the top is quite large a plastic looking. It has a bit of a wing shape to it and it looks a bit jaggy to hold, but it’s ok and the side bits make this easy to open.

There isn’t that much to describe the scent of this. The only notes that I smelt was a heavy Musk scent. There seemed to be a bit of floral scent, but again it was a more heavy floral scent in here. No nice light sparkling notes in here.

I would say this smelt like the kind of scent that an older person would like. There is nothing much

in here, and I wasn’t interested in the scent. I like to be able to smell all these different notes and this was just 1 long block of notes.

The scent seemed to last an alright length of time. It wore off slightly after about 20 minutes, and went a bit fainter when t warmed to your skin. At least when it was a bit more fainter that the scent was a little nicer, but still not the scent I would buy myself. Too dated and too boring for me.

My gran loved this and asked where we got it. I think she would be happy to buy it again. So perhaps the target age would be over 60’s as everyone else that smelt it thought it was just too strong and boring.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5625031036780631/k2311a0325/3.25.10