TLC Cat N Mouse Cat Toy  » Pets  »
1.5
  • He really enjoyed it for a couple of months
  • I found cats sitting on it a lot, but not playing with it
  • I recommend this toy to cat owners only if they can buy it at a pet store that lets you return it if your pet likes it

• by mamajess

I got this cat toy for my cat when my friend who has a cat gave it to me. Her cat did not like it and she thought mine might enjoy it. My cat liked it only when he was a kitten. He really enjoyed it for a couple of months. I tried giving it to my mom for the two cats she has when my cat stopped playing with it but they did not like it much either. So with the exception of a kitten who will play with most things, this toy has been through 5 cats who did not like it. That to me is a failure. It cost $14 which is a lot for a cat toy. My friend could

have bought a toy mouse for $1 and saved all of that money.

Let me tell you what I do not like about this toy other than cats do not like it. It has an open part where your cat is meant to put his paw in. Well if your cats are like mine and do not like this toy, it sits there gathering dust and pet fur. You cannot take the toy apart to clean it, so you have this filthy toy sitting there full of fur. I never could figure out how to clean this silly toy and I ended up using the crevice tool from my vacuum inside it to clean it out.

The top of this toy has ...

• a little pad on it for your cat to sit and to scratch. I found cats sitting on it a lot, but not playing with it. Mostly they enjoyed sitting on it. When my cat was a little kitten he liked to sit on it like he was supposed to and would be sitting on it while playing with it, but once he hit 1 he never touched this toy again.

This is a really poorly made toy. The mouse looks cheap as does the plastic. It is ugly and takes up a lot of space for a cat toy. You can put it under furniture or on a shelf since it is flat on the bottom so you may not need to look at it

all of the time, but I really hated the look of this toy. I ended up putting it in my basement so that I would not need to look at it.

I recommend this toy to cat owners only if they can buy it at a pet store that lets you return it if your pet likes it. There must be some cats out there who like this toy, but I do not know how you know if yours will. $14 is a lot to spend on a dud toy and I would not shell out the money if I were you because all 5 cats who tried ours hated it.

The Pros of this toy: Not too ugly.

Can be stored under furniture or on a shelf.

The Cons: My pets hated it.

Cheaply made.

Expensive for what you get.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2925031036690531/k2311a0325/3.25.10