Shield Upholstery Cleaner  » Cars  »
  • Unfortunately, the stains were not completely removed (probably due to the fact that they are quite old stains) but their prominence was dimished
  • The feature I love the most about this cleaner is that it has a fresh scent (the packaging says it’s lemon but I don’t think it’s anywhere near it) which resembles more like the smell of a new car
  • I paid about Pulas 31,25 from my local Pick’N Pay and I find this to be a reasonable amount
  • It might not have removed completely all stubborn and old stains on my car’s upholstery but I believe that it has helped me clean my seats/interior better
  • I will definitely be purchasing another can of this product

• by bethbarl

Compared to my husband, I get the most volume of passengers which are primarily my kids or their school friends. Suffice to say, my kids see me as the lax parent and means that they can get away with a lot of things. Some of those things are eating and littering on the backseat. As such, my car is a big mess and is always the one which is the dirtiest. Moreover, as it is an off road vehicle it is also the dustiest having gone through a lot of backward places. I bet I still have dust flying around in this car even from previous travels.

I have vacuumed it over and over but I have very little success when it comes to keeping the upholstery clean and not smelling like a 7 year

old car. I got this Shield Upholstery Cleaner at the local grocery store to see if this product would help in my cleaning chore. It comes in 400 ml aerosol spray can which is really practical to use. I usually vacuum or dust the area first after which I spray on this cleaner directly on the upholstery and on the interior trim. Because it is in a spray form, hard to reach areas such as those under the front seats are easily covered.

As directed, the product has to settle at least for 30 seconds after which the sprayed areas can be wiped with a cloth. I use an ordinary cloth and as it has been vacuumed, I did not think that I would really get a lot of dirt off. There are also ...

• persistent stains on the upholstery which I would rather get rid of. Fortunately, the seats are of a dark color and it is not so noticeable. But, white spots on the seats can be prominent and I use this cleaner to get rid of the uneven shades on the seat. Unfortunately, the stains were not completely removed (probably due to the fact that they are quite old stains) but their prominence was dimished.

The feature I love the most about this cleaner is that it has a fresh scent (the packaging says it’s lemon but I don’t think it’s anywhere near it) which resembles more like the smell of a new car. It lasts for at least 4 days and whenever I use this sray to clean the car’s upholstery, the fresh scent always reminds

me of the smell of a new car’s interior. In addition, it never stained my seats nor the trimmings in the interior, I can spray away without any worries. It is also suitable for all types of fabric, velour, all the interior trims and even floor mats which makes this product versatile for me.

I paid about Pulas 31,25 from my local Pick’N Pay and I find this to be a reasonable amount. It might not have removed completely all stubborn and old stains on my car’s upholstery but I believe that it has helped me clean my seats/interior better. If anything, it leaves a very fresh, crisp and pleasant smell in the interior of my car which lasts for days. I will definitely be purchasing another can of this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 925031036420531/k2311a0325/3.25.10