Natural Bridge Trail in Keowee-Toxaway SC
Hwy 11 at Hwy 133 near Salem, SC
  • My fiancé and I love to hike, we like to go almost every weekend
  • When we got to the trail itself it looked pretty easy and I thought it would just be and easy leisurely trail
  • I think it was his way of saying you make me hike on a hot day like this and I will get mud all in your Jeep
  • It was a great mixture of easy, intermediate, and tough, and by the end we definitely felt it in our legs
  • Overall this trail is a very nice trail and I would recommend it to any hiker who loves a little challenge along with relaxing trail

• by cbantly

My fiancé and I love to hike, we like to go almost every weekend. We recently tried a new trail called the Natural Bridge Trail in Keowee Toxaway. This time we decided to take our golden retriever puppy who is only about four months old but loves to get exercise. There were some other trials to choose from as well but we chose the Natural Bridge trail. When we got to the trail itself it looked pretty easy and I thought it would just be and easy leisurely trail. I was definitely wrong! The trail started off nice and easy with a few tough spots but nothing we couldn’t handle.

After about five minutes of walking and talking we came up to another couple who said the trail was a tough

one but I laughed it off and said there was no way this was a hard trail. I was enjoying the nice easy hike and our puppy seemed to really be enjoying it too. We crossed a few small rivers and came across a few waterfalls which our puppy happily decided to walk right through the water and then through the mud. I think it was his way of saying you make me hike on a hot day like this and I will get mud all in your Jeep! There were plenty of nice people with their pets there as well that we could talk with as we were hiking.

Soon we came up to a waterfall that was beautiful. We decided to stop and have our snacks that we ...

• packed and relax for a little while. After our snack we kept going and it was getting hotter as the day went on. The trail was also getting tougher but it still wasn’t too bad. After about five or ten more minutes we cam to a hill. As we started the hill we thought it was ok but we soon realized that it was the steepest hill we had ever hiked on. It was a great workout for our legs though! Our puppy was now crawling on his belly. Finally we reached the top of this killer hill, after looking back down we looked in amazement at the hill we had just hiked! After taking another break we continued slowly but surely. The trail became a little more relaxing
        before it got tougher again.

It was a great mixture of easy, intermediate, and tough, and by the end we definitely felt it in our legs. Our pitiful puppy was so tired he fell asleep as soon as we got him in the car. The trail was very scenic and had many beautiful waterfalls and rivers as well as shady trees. There were plenty of benches along the way to take a short break on. There weren’t too many rocks to have to climb over either, which was very nice. I always fall over the rocks! Overall this trail is a very nice trail and I would recommend it to any hiker who loves a little challenge along with relaxing trail. It is a very nice mixture of hard and relaxing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3825031035830431/k2311a0325/3.25.10