Little River Casino
2700 Orchard Highway Manistee, Michigan 49660
  • I like to stay overnight, lets me have my fun without the worry and hassle of driving home at night, especially in the winter months
  • I have never been disappointed with the rooms here
  • Lots to see and do here, all in a friendly atmosphere where you can be pampered again, at a reasonable cost

• by wayneok

One of my most favorite casinos, Little River Casino is located in Manistee, MI. This is on the west side of the state, almost on the shores of Lake Michigan. If you spend a few days here, the areas other attractions, combined with the natural beauty of the area make for a truly wonderful vacation. The casino itself is nice, pretty large for the area, almost 300 rooms in the hotel and numerous restaurants to serve many varied tastes and budgets. A pool, and hot tubs and spa are also available.

I like to stay overnight, lets me have my fun without the worry and hassle of driving home at night, especially in the winter months. If you decide to stay the night, you start out with complimentary valet parking, sure saves the legs for us older people. Plus they will help you get your luggage upstairs for the price of a tip. They have been running numerous promotions, and we got a

room for $49.

A nice room, good view and all the other amenities. It was during the week, and they change the specials, so my advice would be to call and ask what promotions are available on the dates you plan to visit. I have never been disappointed with the rooms here; have always been clean, with plenty of towels and the hotel staff is just great to work with. The pool is inside, heated, with a whirlpool included.

A spa is also connected to the pool room. If you go a little later in the evening there are usually not to many kids, so it makes it more peaceful and more romantic if you are wanting to spend some quality time with someone special. The pool and spa are both super clean, I don’t know how they do it, but much credit given here to the cleaning staff. There are at least four different restaurants catering to all tastes and budget requirements.

...

• My favorite is the Willows buffet. It is what it says, a all you can eat buffet, with a very diverse variety of foods to entice you. From appetizers to desert, this is a quality spread of food. I especially enjoy the prime rib and seafood buffet, at 24 dollars it’s kind of pricey, but every now and then I like to splurge, more than ever when the food is so good.

We also have ordered in room service, at times when I wouldn’t leave the room so I could watch football. A great selection here too, service has always been fast and pleasant. The food is hot and of the same quality as going downstairs yourself. A great option if you’re tired, or doing something else in your room.

The casino is large, well designed and pleasant to view. About any game you can imagine is here, all the popular slots, some 1350 of them, video poker, keno and the table

games. Poker, black jack, craps and roulette are all offered for your enjoyment. My favorite is the roulette table, I don’t know why but I always seem to do pretty good here at Little River.

Soft drinks and coffee are free while you are on the game floor. They have a couple of kiosks where you can get them, or one of the many waitresses will gladly serve you. Remember to tip the waiter/waitress, they really are working hard at trying to make your visit a pleasant one. If you are interested in more serious drinks, once again the servers are plentiful and quite fast and efficient.

There are also several little bars in and around the gaming area. Some even have free live entertainment at various times, music and comedy shows. Some of these are really quite good. Lots to see and do here, all in a friendly atmosphere where you can be pampered again, at a reasonable cost.

I hope you enjoy your visit to Little River Casino.

Little River Casino
    Dick Thurston says :

How much is the afternoon trip out of Little River,SC costs?

wayneok replies :

Sorry this is a Casino, not a boat trip. Its in Michigan.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4825031035710431/k2311a0325/3.25.10