Bally Pilates Twist Board with Resistance Tubing  » Health  »
1.5
  • The problem is once you get it home there is no workout DVD included to help you use it

• by Jude244

I have this sinking feeling that my new Bally Pilates Twist Board with Resistance Tubing is going to end up in my silly and somewhat useless equipment box.

I don’t know if everyone has one of these but mine is full of all kinds of duds like the thigh master, magic circle, ab roller, Richard Simmons padded neck bar, and some ridiculous seated Pilate’s piece that has you push down against the resistance of a giant rubber band attached to some sort of pole. Yeah, I never did figure what that one was good for!

Anyway, the Pilates Twist Board by Bally Total Fitness looked promising in the sporting goods aisle of the store. I mean it’s compact, small enough to keep at an office or home, and looks like fun to

use. I actually had to fight the urge to try it out in the store because with my luck I would end up twisting away on some security camera blooper reel. If you see it, I bet you would want to try it too.

The problem is once you get it home there is no workout DVD included to help you use it. Now, I did find a fitness guide included with mine, however, it only had six measly exercises listed on it. Of the six, only two of them had you use the twist board for anything other than standing on it and one out of the two could have been performed on any surface simply by twisting your ankle.

I guess what I am really most annoyed at, is ...

• the fact that the majority of the exercises had you using the resistance tubing rather than the twist board, and these exercises are just as easily performed with hand weights, or a piece of resistance tubing that you probably already own. I don’t know about you, but I didn’t need a new Pilates Twist Board to perform a bicep curl or over head press.

That said if you own no other resistance tubing, stretch bands, or hand weights, this could work out just fine for you; but my guess is that the vast majority of people who look into pieces of equipment such as a Twist Board, already own at least one set of hand weights or bands.

Now, if Bally Total Fitness were to find a way to actually use

the Twist Board for something other than standing and using the resistance tubing, I would be all over it. It reminds me of a toy I had as a kid and I would want to use it again. But as it stands now, there is only one Twisting exercise and that gets pretty old after only a short time.

So, if you want a piece of equipment that gives you handled resistance bands to perform exercises like curls, shoulder pulls, and lateral raises, than maybe the Pilates Twist Board with Resistance Tubing is just the thing for you.

However, if you own a single pair of hand weights or resistance tubing, save your money because the Twist Board itself barely has any exercise that makes it worth buying on its own.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3425031035470331/k2311a0325/3.25.10