Mother Falls in Aurora Province  » Leisure  »
  • Though Mother Falls is not as grand as the one in Grand Canyon but just the same thing it is a sight to see and experience
  • One thing that i like also about this place is that even though it's a public place, one could really feel the privacy of the area

• by jennyvieve

I could still remember how much I anticipated seeing this beautiful water form. I grew up in the countryside. I was always surrounded by nature through my grown-up years but never had I been to this place until my last year in college.

The trek alone to this place is full of fun and adventure. It consist of 20mins ride and 30mins walk. Along the way, I and my cousins feasted our eyes at the nature’s wonder that lay before our eyes. One moment we were hiking on top of a hill overlooking coconut trees and rice plantation and the other we were crossing a river lying vertically against a

mountaneos backdrop.

From the name of it, one could just magine how this majestic body of water looks like. I couldn’t contain my eyes looking at its crystal clear cascade.Though Mother Falls is not as grand as the one in Grand Canyon but just the same thing it is a sight to see and experience. The mountain wall to which the water cascades has green bushes and little wild flowers growing in it. The waterfalls also creates a pool of cold water where we swam. The basin of water is wide and deep. I couldn’t even go near the exact area where the water falls because the current created by ...

• the fall is so strong, it kept pushing me back. The current is strong. It could give a good massage. The water is very clear and clean. There was a shallow and deep part of the basin. Swimming was really enjoyable. Plus, the place that surround the area was nice to behold. One thing that i like also about this place is that even though it’s a public place, one could really feel the privacy of the area. It is not frequented by people like everyday. It is surrounded by shallow water and short mountain ranges. It’s a nice cool place for both adventurer and nature lovers.

The

water was also icy cold. We didn’t last more than an hour in the area because of the freezing temperature. That’s the only thing that I didn’t like much about it. The water was freezing cold. We would like to spend more time swimming in the deep water but we couldn’t. But then, there’s nothing much that can be done about it.

This is one place that I would love to come back to every now and then. Such a nice place for trekking and fun. I hope the local government invest in making this area more accessible. Perhaps this wouldn’t only be popular to locals but to tourist as well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6125031035140331/k2311a0325/3.25.10