Canon Powershot SD700IS  » Cameras  »
  • This is probably one of the best compact cameras I've ever used

• by craziecomrade
      I purchased the Canon PowerShot SD700IS about two months ago now. I did quite a bit of research online and with sales people while picking out this camera, and it was pretty much every thing I wanted.

Initally I was going to go for quality over size and looks, and

go for one of the more bulky cameras, but then I remembered I’m not a pro photographer and I don’t probably need all the features of one of the big cameras.

The 700IS is or was the top of the line in compact cameras from canon and I just love ...

• it.

It does absolutely everything I need a camera to do.

The main draw for me was that even though the camera is so compact it still has 4x optical zoom and a 12x digital zoom.

While i had always thought that digital zoom isn’t all that great, the digital

zoom on the 700 is great! The camera has the great zoom, it also has a special mode for shooting up close to an object, custom sizes, piture quality, and even a movie mode that does 30 frames/second.

This is probably one of the best compact cameras I’ve ever used.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 43711103500630/k2311a117/11.7.06