KitchenAid Classic Commercial Style Dual Fual Convection Range  » Housewares  »
  • I think the area surrounding the burners is a kind of dark shiny enamelled metal, but so far, I cannot find a single cleaning method that leaves it looking clean
  • I have tried water, cleaning products, paper towels, sponges, soft cloths etc. I know it is clean, but you always see a swirl or a streak where you have wiped
  • Bottom line, however, is that I love this range
  • Highly recommend to anyone in the market for a new oven/hob

• by npz

The KitchenAid Classic Commercial Style Dual Fual Convection Range is a seriously impressive looking appliance. It has a beautiful stainless steel front with black knobs and a glass door allowing you to see inside the oven.

The hob has six gas burners – two small and four large. I have found these to be very powerful. So far, I am cooking everything on a much lower heat setting than I have been used to, and hopefully saving energy at the same time?! Thankfully, the range comes with a flame deflector that sits securely on the grate above the flame. This has proven especially useful if you want to simmer something, and the gas flame, even on its lowest setting, is proving to be too much heat. The deflector nicely absorbs the direct flame and gives you even diffused heat.

The oven, which has a built in broiler, has a setting knob that allows you to bake, roast, broil, convection bake, convection roast, convection broil, keep warm, proof bread and clean. I hadn’t realised that there were that many combinations of cooking something, and I am still

learning which ones are best for each style of cooking. Setting the oven is very easy, you turn the first knob to cooking style, for example convection roast, and the second knob to the temperature you want. The oven door is solid, really solid and heavy. When open, you realise just how low to the ground the oven is, so you really have to bend right down to take your food out of the oven and then close the door.

Preheating seems to be reasonably fast, and the display has an arrow letting you know how close you are to your desired temperature. The in-built fan is very powerful. This means when you bend down to take something out of the oven, you feel as if your face is directly in front of a strong warm wind. I am a little uncertain as to how accurate the temperature setting is. At the moment, my old portable oven thermometer is showing a different temperature to the one the oven says it is. I may have to see if the thermometer is the one at fault.

Roasting,

• baking, broiling etc, all methods are extremely even and fast. Like the hob, everything is cooking much faster than I am used to and on a lower temperature, and again, hopefully this means I am saving time and energy. My advice, as you are getting used to this oven, is to keep an eye on your food to make sure it doesn’t burn. The cooking time is much faster than you expect.

Something I am not keen on – when you switch the oven off, the fan keeps running for up to 45 minutes whilst the oven is cooling down. I understand the rationale behind this, however, if you are serving dinner to guests or a loved one, the mood is somewhat disturbed by the fan running in the background. I would prefer an option whereby you could override this feature and sometimes have off meaning off.

Again, something I don’t like is the area of the hob surrounding the gas burners. When you first get this appliance, as I said it looks seriously impressive. All those burners, heavy duty grates covering all of the hobs.

However, when you are cooking, food spills, it splashes, stuff has a habit of falling into the area around the burners. To clean up, you need to remove the grates – these are heavy. Whilst they have rubber feet, you need to be careful moving these because they are large, and did I mention they are heavy?? I think the area surrounding the burners is a kind of dark shiny enamelled metal, but so far, I cannot find a single cleaning method that leaves it looking clean. You wipe, and you see streaks. I have tried water, cleaning products, paper towels, sponges, soft cloths etc. I know it is clean, but you always see a swirl or a streak where you have wiped. Please, someone, if you find the solution to this let me know. Unusually, the stainless steel parts are a dream to keep clean. A simple wipe and you are done.

Bottom line, however, is that I love this range. It looks so cool and cooks really well. Highly recommend to anyone in the market for a new oven/hob.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5324031034710631/k2311a0324/3.24.10