Movie : Shutter Island  » Movies  »
  • So, for our anniversary this past weekend, I decided to take her to the theater to see it

• by Review Vigilante

My wife has been wanting to see the movie Shutter Island for some time now. So, for our anniversary this past weekend, I decided to take her to the theater to see it.

It was OK but I’m not sure it was as good as she expected.

Leonardo DiCaprio stars as

a US Marshal who is brought to Shutter Island to track down an escaped patient from the mental hospital there.

While there, he starts to suspect there is more to the hospital than meets the eye and, as his investigation starts to heat up, the staff seems less willing to help him and he finds himself a prisoner.

The movie was decent enough, mostly because DiCaprio manages to carry it quite a bit.

But, the plot was very predictable and seemed similar to other movies I’ve seen.

As a result, it wasn’t really that difficult to figure out the “ironic twist” at ...

• Movie : Shutter Island
      the end.

In fact, I pretty much guessed at it about an hour into the two hour long film.

And what the heck was up with all the flashbacks.

I get it, he served in World War II and had some bad memories from that.

Do we really need to be

reminded every few minutes about it? The first couple times were more than enough to set up the ending.

This is a movie that would be better on DVD than it is at the theater.

That way, you aren’t wasting your money on a ticket for it.

I would suggest waiting before seeing it as a result.

Anthony Odu says :

re : So, for our anniversary this past weekend, I decided to take her to the theater to see it
One of DiCaprios better movies. The uncertainty present at every turn almosy makes u as confused as our protagonist. His obsession with Matthew Laedis was natural given the circumstances and the way the story was constructed. I’ll admit, it’s not a movie for everyone but the reveal at the end was worth it for me

Irina says :

I think it’s one of the best movies in general. Keeps you on the edge of your seat quite litterally

Felicia Squires says :

As with most movies that are based on a book, Shutter Island fell short. I was looking forward to seeing the movie especially since DiCaprio was starring in it. I was disappointed that the mystery, suspense and didn t see that coming ending was missing. If you liked the movie at all, read the book. It s fantastic.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1123031034470831/k2311a0323/3.23.10