Key West Tanning, Salon and Spa  » Business  »
1190 DeClark St, Beaver Dam, WI 53916
  • But, to be perfectly honest, I thought it was just a place to go tanning
  • It wasn’t until my wife brought home brochures offering everything from manicures to massages that I learned the error of my ways
  • When we mentioned how much the manicure and pedicure cost ($50 for both), we had some members of her family tell us that was too much to spend on something like that
  • Not only did they do her toe nails (the only thing I think of when it comes to pedicures), they gave her an all-out relaxation treatment
  • If you are someone who is looking for a place to get their hair or nails done, I would definitely recommend this business

• by Review Vigilante

Being a guy, I’m not a person who will go to a salon or spa. However, my wife is someone who likes to be pampered on occasion and I wanted to be able to do that as a special gift for our anniversary. I had heard about the Key West Tanning Salon and Spa some time ago. But, to be perfectly honest, I thought it was just a place to go tanning. I didn’t realize they offered anything more.

It wasn’t until my wife brought home brochures offering everything from manicures to massages that I learned the error of my ways. I couldn’t afford to give her everything in the brochures. But, because we were going out to dinner and a movie for our anniversary, I thought buying her a professional manicure and pedicure would be a perfect treat for her. And, thanks to Key West, I was right.

There were a couple things I liked about this place right off the bat. The first and main one was how the staff pretty

much bent over backwards to make sure she got everything I was paying for. They didn’t have time to do the pedicure and manicure at once. So, they got a time for the pedicure during the week and came in early on Saturday (our date night) to do the manicure for her.

I used to take her to nail places on a regular basis (when we weren’t parents and had money) and never saw service that came even close to that. When we mentioned how much the manicure and pedicure cost ($50 for both), we had some members of her family tell us that was too much to spend on something like that. But, we also knew they weren’t much more expensive (if any more expensive) than other places around town. And, as we discovered, my wife got our money’s worth.

Like I mentioned before, she got her pedicure first. Not only did they do her toe nails (the only thing I think of when it comes to pedicures), they gave her an ...

• all-out relaxation treatment. This was her first professional pedicure and I’m now likely going to have to buy her more in the future. Apparently, they washed and moisturized her feet.

They then did her nails while she was in a massaging chair drinking a glass of wine. I have never seen her more relaxed than she was when she got done with that pedicure. She wasn’t quite as relaxed after getting her finger nails done (apparently they don’t go through all the same stuff with that as they do the pedicure). But, she once again got her money’s worth and had no reason not to enjoy it.

>From what she told me (I had the kids), they were having problems getting her nails perfect. Apparently, every polish they used smeared. Most places would have just continued and ignored that. Key West, however, was determined to get her nails perfect for our date and apparently started over a couple different times.

By the time they were done, the polish was still a bit smeared

but you really couldn’t tell without specifically looking for that. And, her nails looked excellent. Even more important is the fact it has been a few days since her manicure and they still look nice; something I could not say about other salons in the area. After seeing how well she was treated there, I definitely will consider giving our repeat business to Key West.

I doubt my wife will ever convince me to do the whole date night couple’s pedicure thing (the staff would quit if they ever saw my feet). But, I would definitely be interested in purchasing other services for her in the future (including the massage therapy they offer) in the hopes it will help her relax after spending long days at home with the kids (who can be a major hand full at times). If you are someone who is looking for a place to get their hair or nails done, I would definitely recommend this business. Don’t make the mistake I did and assume they only offer tanning there.

Because you might find yourself missing out on something good.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4123031034460831/k2311a0323/3.23.10