Movie : Clash of the Titans  » Movies  »
  • The movie, which re-tells the Greek legend of Perseus, manages to make good use of the best special effects available at the time and is an interesting adventure story with a good love story mixed in
  • I especially enjoyed seeing a lot of actors and actresses that have appeared and are probably more famous for other movies, includng Maggie Smith (Sister Act, Harry Potter) and Ursula Andress

• by Review Vigilante

I recently heard about the new Clash of the Titans movie that is supposed to be coming out at theaters soon. I’m not big on movie re-makes.

But, seeing the previews did make me want to see the original 1981 version again so I was glad when I could put it on my Netflix player.

/> I ended up watching it last night and, while not quite as good as I remember it, it still managed to be entertaining.

The movie, which re-tells the Greek legend of Perseus, manages to make good use of the best special effects available at the time and is an interesting adventure story with a good ...

• love story mixed in.

I originally intended on watching this with my daughter.

But, after watching it, I did re-discover some parts of the film really aren’t suitable for children.

Those scenes with the three blind witches and with Medusa are good examples as to why.

I especially enjoyed seeing a lot of actors and

actresses that have appeared and are probably more famous for other movies, includng Maggie Smith (Sister Act, Harry Potter) and Ursula Andress.

Up until this point, I didn’t even realize they were in this movie.

Overall, I feel this movie is worth watching at least once; especially if you plan on seeing the remake, which I’m sure will ruin the movie.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1123031034450831/k2311a0323/3.23.10