Jumanji movie  » Movies  »
  • In fact, in my opinion, there's simply too much screaming going on throughout the thing
  • What I like about the adventure is the happy ending, the way the magic of the story has given the young boy a new hope for his future
  • I enjoyed the film pretty much from start to finish, though I would have preferred less loudness and overdone action

• by Orrymain

Jumanji was one of the movies I wanted to see in the theater, but wasn’t able to. From 1995, it stars Robin Williams, Bonnie Hunt, Kirsten Dunst, Bradley Pierce, Adam Hann-Byrd, and Laura Bell Bundy. It’s actually a nice adventure for children who aren’t afraid of monsters and the like. I wouldn’t take pre-schoolers or younger, though. Maybe age

10 is a good cut off.

There is a lot of action with physical comedy that goes on for a long time in several pieces of the film. We see stampeding elephants making mincemeat out of a car, monkeys riding a motorcycle, and a hunter trying to kill his prey (Williams). It’s also a very noisy film. In fact, in my ...

• opinion, there’s simply too much screaming going on throughout the thing.

What I like about the adventure is the happy ending, the way the magic of the story has given the young boy a new hope for his future. It’s like getting a second chance.

Williams is very good as the grown up Alan Parrish, but it was the four children who all did

their part to make Jumanji extra special.

I enjoyed the film pretty much from start to finish, though I would have preferred less loudness and overdone action. Some more in depth interaction would have been nice. It can be a little complex if you miss the setup and a couple of the key points, but aside from that, it’s a good piece of entertainment.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1123031034330731/k2311a0323/3.23.10