Tropiclean Berry Clean Shampoo  » Pets  »
  • I found this shampoo to lather easily which is helpful when you are bathing something that is 90 pounds and all hair
  • I have noticed that this is not a particularly sudsy shampoo
  • What I like about this shampoo is what it is made of
  • I do recommend this shampoo to other pet owners

• by mamajess

Tropiclean Berry Clean natural pet shampoo with peach, papaya and strawberry is a deep cleaning, deodorizing shampoo for dogs and cats. Let me start this review by saying that my review is based only on using this shampoo on a dog. My cat tries to bite me when I shampoo him so I try to wash him as little as possible. I have only used this shampoo on my one dog and its effects may be different on a different breed. I found this shampoo to lather easily which is helpful when you are bathing something that is 90 pounds and all hair. I have a retriever and bathing is not clean or easy, this shampoo does make the process a little easier.

I have noticed that this is not a particularly sudsy shampoo. You don’t want it too sudsy because that is created by adding sodium sulfate which creates lots of suds but which is drying to hair. The ingredients in this are pretty simple.

It is coconut, peach, strawberry, aloe vera, rasberry and wheat protein, there are no weird additives. It is environmentally safe and cruelty free which means it is not tested on animals.

What I like about this shampoo is what it is made of. I like that it is all natural. It does not sting my skin like some shampoos when I am bathing my pet so I assume it stings less if I get it in his eyes. If you use a shampoo that is too drying you get a pet that is clean, but who scratches a lot and has dandruff. With some other shampoos my dog has gotten a rash and has scratched himself until he bled.

This shampoo seems to have kept him from that fate. This shampoo claims to be a deodorizing shampoo and while it cleans your pet, it does not keep the smell off for very long. This may be because it is all natural. I ...

• do wish it would keep the smell away for longer than it does. For this reason I had to lower the score.

I like the natural part, but smell is such a big factor for bathing a pet. I really do just bathe my dog because he stinks like a dog. I hate that I have to chose an environmentally correct product over stink. It just does not deodorize like the chemical products. This shampoo claims it leaves your pet’s coat silky and shiny and it does look good for a day or two, but without the added chemicals it does not last very long.

This needs more conditioner added to it to be better. My dog could really use a more moisturizing shampoo. My biggest complaint about this shampoo is the smell. It is fruits, but it is weird. I do not like the way it smells.

It is too fruity and strong, but strong in a bad way. To

me this smells like when you have strawberries that are over ripe and the smell is just waaaay too strong and gross. I find it funny that while this is an all natural shampoo, it smells fake and artificial. I actually prefer a pine scented shampoo or a shampoo that smells more like a human shampoo than the smell of this shampoo. I do recommend this shampoo to other pet owners.

I would suggest this to you if you do not have a pet that needs a lot of moisture added by shampoo. If you like environmentally safe and correct products this is great for you. Even the bottle this shampoo is in can be recycled. Very politically correct. I won’t buy it again.

It is fine and I have used the whole bottle, it’s not bad enough to throw out, but for the $10 I spent on it I expected more. I will go the more artificial route next time and will not buy this particular shampoo for my pets again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2923031033930731/k2311a0323/3.23.10