Juan Ponce Enrile  » Local news  »
2.5
  • I believe that for as long as we live, we deserve the chance to be productive not only for ourselves but for our country
  • I think if he was really able to bring down the Meralco rate as he promised in his last bid in the Senate, I think I would believe him

• by ladyli

The Senate President JUAN PONCE ENRILE is seeking for re-election. I could not help but be quite amazed how this 86 years old man is seems to be still strong and could still manage another six year term in the Senate. Well I find nothing wrong with an aged man who refuses to be inactive. I believe that for as long as we live, we deserve the chance to be productive not only for ourselves but for our country.

And for this I would like to commend Juan Ponce Enrile’s desire to seek for re-election. Well being the Senate President, he is now holding the third highest position in the Philippine government after he was able to win over Manny Villar who was ousted by his constituents due to alleged abuse of power. But I could

not help but laugh at Juan Ponce Enrile’s political advertisements.

I’ve been seeing them on TV over and over again. The ad that showed a group of people even dancing and singing to promote him looked so awkward. I would not know if I would laugh or would throw up seeing this too forced-through advertisement.

I mean, it looked so “baduy” (a Tagalog slang which means low class) if not stupid. Those dancing men and women could have just spoken of their love for Juan Ponce Enrile instead of dancing which made them look like idiots in the process. I also found his campaign slogan “Gusto Ko Happy Kayo!” which means “I want you to be happy” is some sort of illusory.

He was trying to say something which only naïve and gullible people would believe. Of course he himself knows that he is seeking for re-election because he wants himself to be happy first and foremost so he could not fool me at that. I believe his political advertisements are too childish and it made him quite ludicrous.

Well maybe Juan Ponce Enrile has been quite a performer on certain extent but to say that he want us happy is a obviously deceiving. I think if he was really able to bring down the Meralco rate as he promised in his last bid in the Senate, I think I would believe him. But sadly I have yet to see his promise fully delivered so I don’t think Enrile should paint himself as a very caring person this time again.

Maybe, he could have just rested on his good ...

• Juan Ponce Enrile
      achievements for he had some good political background although it was quite stained by his involvement in many aborted attempts to topple down Cory’s government. Nevertheless, I believe he should rather boast of his good track record for anyway he served quite well since 1966 as he served as Undersecretary of the Department of Finance then as Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Philippine National Bank and other more important positions in the government such as a concurrent Acting Head of the Insurance Commission, Acting Commissioner, Acting Secretary of Finance and concurrent Chairman of the Monetary Board of the Central Bank of the Philippines until he was appointed as Secretary of Justice. The most memorable position he acquired and this is where he gained my trust is the Secretary of National
      Defense during the Marcos regime.

It is by the power of this position that he was able to join forces with the Chief of the Staff or the Armed Forces, Fidel Ramos and with the important people support was to successfully revolt against the dictatorship of the Marcos dictatorship. Well apart from that I would like to thank Enrile for he was able to stop the telecommunication company from taking too much advantage of their customers. This to me is one of Enrile’s achievements that really directly benefited me and the majority of the people of the Philippines.

However, I think Juan Ponce Enrile should rather maintain his manly and strong character instead of looking like an old man who is entering his second childhood because of his “sing and dance” advertisements and deceitful campaign slogan too.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3623031033900731/k2311a0323/3.23.10