Allison Raffaele Kabuki Powder Brush  » Cosmetics  »
  • I wish it had a cap or cover for hygienic purposes but I always make sure to sterilize my implements periodically
  • The price may not be attainable, at 48 dollars but will surely make a long lasting investment

• by jhunie

Behind every great cosmetics is always a reliable tool to go with it. It can be a daunting task sometimes to keep these make up brushes of various sizes and purpose, then fit them all inside my traveling vanity kit. For that, it’s good to tote only those multitasking instruments that wouldn’t be an added bulk to my calculated luggage. Brushes are absolutely on top of the list when it comes to essential tools. In fact, to save some space, I only keep at least 3 types of brushes in my bag. I have my medium sized flat tipped bronzing brush,

a spare concealer brush for those emergency breakouts and my most coveted, Allison Raffaele’s Kabuki Powder Brush.

My Allison Raffaele Kabuki brush is the ultimate all-rounder for applying or dusting off whatever powdered preparations, primarily loose powder. It could be my face powder, my blush, my mineral foundation, it doesn’t matter. The brush is more than capable to handle my demanding make up lifestyle. What I admire about this stubby thing is that it produces an even coverage, a single stroke can leave my skin kind of ‘airbrushed’ and the powder sets through out every corner and surface. I also believe it’s a professional tool used by many make up artists today. The kabuki brush is very useful when mixing different powders, for example, I can add some silver glitters to my loose face powder for a highlighting effect. At times, it’s helpful too at neutralizing mineralized powder with a matte one so the combo looks more natural.

This is so far the softest brush around that I laid my hands on. The bristles are ultra lightweight and probably even thinner in breadth than my textured hair. Brushing feels like a gentle caress because the bristles aren’t stiff and limp. I’ve had a bad moment ...

• Allison Raffaele Kabuki Powder Brush
      not so long ago with a man-made brush which caused slightly red streaks along my cheeks. I must have brushed the thing too vigorously or perhaps it just wasn’t soft, well I had my self to blame because that was terribly cheap. Another pleasing quality of this kabuki brush is that it doesn’t waste your powder. One dip will load enough powder that shall cover your entire face, therefore, economical.

The kabuki brush, as I’ve read is made from faux chinchilla, or in simple terms, fake chinchilla which is a commonly manufactured animal fur; good to know it’s not real though. So that

makes the brush synthetic as well. I wish it had a cap or cover for hygienic purposes but I always make sure to sterilize my implements periodically. The kabuki brush has a white shaft with a black tip at the end. I’ve been using this for years and it still works as good as day one. The price may not be attainable, at 48 dollars but will surely make a long lasting investment. It’s the cream of the crop and indeed, it gets a perfect 10 for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3123031033650631/k2311a0323/3.23.10