You Belong With Me Music Video by Taylor Swift  » Music  »
  • Though many would agree with him, I think that Taylor Swift is extremely talented and should not be underestimated by anyone in the music industry
  • Nobody can deny that the girl has an amazing voice
  • I like that Taylor Swift does not try so hard to be more grown up than she actually is
  • I love that she plays the total band geek who is just waiting for the star football player to choose her over his cheerleader girlfriend

• by Intensify

There was such a major controversy over the fact that Taylor Swift got snubbed by Kanye West during the middle of an award ceremony just so that he could talk about how much more qualified Beyonce was for the award. Though many would agree with him, I think that Taylor Swift is extremely talented and should not be underestimated by anyone in the music industry. Nobody can deny that the girl has an amazing voice. I do not ever listen to country music but Taylor Swift has made me a fan of her pop-influenced brand of country. She is also very creative when it comes to making music videos. I admire that creativity.

The music video that was in question during the VMA’s happened to be

her video for “You Belong With Me”. It is basically about a teenage girl who is completely in love with a guy that has a girlfriend who is terrible for him. What she doesn’t know until the end is that he also has feelings for her. I like that Taylor Swift does not try so hard to be more grown up than she actually is. She pays tribute to the fact that she is a teenager by playing characters that are in high school. I love that she plays the total band geek who is just waiting for the star football player to choose her over his cheerleader girlfriend. I love it because I feel like so many girls, including me, can identify with the ...

• girl that she plays in this music video (and in her other videos). I think my favorite thing both about her as well as this video is that she has a sense of humor. I relate so much to people who I see as funny. She seems like she’d be almost like a really cool class clown that would be fun to hang out with after class. She has a very likeable personality and I think that is the key to why she has been so popular and successful.

Kanye West was not right to steal Taylor Swift’s award speech away from her. This was a well doen music video by an artist that is proving more and more each and every day how worthy she

is of every single award that she gets. She is a wonderful singer and she has a great playful side that comes through in her songs and her music videos and this is refreshing. Too many young artists try to dress, sing, and act as if they are so much older than they are. Taylor Swift, on the other hand, is clearly embracing her childhood and I love that about her. I also love that she sounds good in live concerts. Who doesn’t like a good live performance? If you are someone who likes a singer who can really belt it out and who is creative both while writing the lyrics or filming the music video, then check out all of Taylor Swift’s music videos. They are great!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1423031033580631/k2311a0323/3.23.10