A’s Grill in Meadowbrook Mall, Bridgeport, WV  » Restaurants  »
2399 Meadowbrook Mall Bridgeport, WV 26330 (off Clubview Drive)
  • It's well worth the wait, but if you only have a few minutes for break, I suggest sticking to the hot bar
  • I love the bourbon chicken, but it was a little pricey on my limited budget at the time, so it was a now and then treat
  • The sauce on the chicken is amazing, and the chicken itself is from a decent cut, not the boiled to death super chewy chicken you usually get from fast food hot bars
  • I'm happy to say that A's is still in business after all these years

• by Ash Marie

A’s Grill has been a staple of the Meadowbrook Mall for quite some time now. Like most mall food joints, it’s located in a rather large food court with many other eateries. There is a ton of seating.

I’ve eaten at other locations in the food court. I don’t care for many of them, and the few I did like are either upping prices significantly or lowering standards and making really lackluster attempts at feeding me, so I’ve just been going to the same one or two locations on every visit.

A’s is a great place to stop

if you’re not sure what you want. If you have no idea, the cashier working will often give you a small sample of something to catch your interest.

Food items vary and include, but are not limited to, baked potatoes, gyros, bourbon chicken, fries, and burgers. There are a few veggie options, including a decent looking Greek salad, steamed broccoli, and more.

If you get something off the bar, it only takes as long as the cashier takes to plate and ring up the order. If you order from the back, however, you may be waiting ...

• for a bit. It’s well worth the wait, but if you only have a few minutes for break, I suggest sticking to the hot bar.

The price isn’t terrible. I remember even before I had a job that I could get a steak gyro on the money my mom gave me. Everything is worth what you pay. Food that comes from the back is always hot and fresh, and even the food on the hot bar is pretty darn good.

My A’s diet usually consisted of a baked potato or gyro, fries, and a Mountain Dew. I

love the bourbon chicken, but it was a little pricey on my limited budget at the time, so it was a now and then treat. The sauce on the chicken is amazing, and the chicken itself is from a decent cut, not the boiled to death super chewy chicken you usually get from fast food hot bars.

I’m happy to say that A’s is still in business after all these years. Many eateries have come and gone, but this staple is still holding strong. If you’re ever in the area, stop in and look, try a sample if nothing else.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 723031033430631/k2311a0323/3.23.10