Buzz Aldrin’s debut on Dancing With The Stars season 10  » TV  »
ABC
  • I think watching Buzz Aldrin's first dance on Dancing With The Stars season 10 was a surprising treat
  • I know that Buzz Aldrin is the second contestant in their eighties to compete on the show, following Cloris Leachman
  • I thought his smile throughout the dance was absolutely engaging, and overall, he just seemed to give the impression that he's a genuinely charming individual
  • I definitely thought he appeared to be in prime shape, and even younger than his years

• by Davis Tucker

I think watching Buzz Aldrin’s first dance on Dancing With The Stars season 10 was a surprising treat. I’ve followed a lot of the hype leading up to the show, and I didn’t have any high expectations of his dancing skills, but I was surprised, because I think his performance was genuinely entertaining. I was actually happy just to see him as a contestant on the show, mainly because he’s no spring chicken.

I think the fact that he’s eighty, and even making the effort to dance should be motivational for everyone. Especially for men and women over the age of seventy, because I think it shows that anything is possible at

any age.

I was also happy to see that Dancing With The Stars doesn’t practice age discrimination. I know that Buzz Aldrin is the second contestant in their eighties to compete on the show, following Cloris Leachman.

Although I didn’t think Buzz Aldrin’s first dance, the chacha, was anything close to outstanding, it was definitely a pleasure to watch, because I think it was obvious that he was just really enjoying the moment, and having fun with the dance. I thought his smile throughout the dance was absolutely engaging, and overall, he just seemed to give the impression that he’s a genuinely charming individual.

It was almost like I could sense that ...

• he was truly having a great time, therefore, I was having a great time watching him perform. I think Buzz Aldrin must be in excellent physical shape in order to endure the notoriously arduous practice sessions necessary to compete on Dancing With The Stars.

I definitely thought he appeared to be in prime shape, and even younger than his years. I’m curious about his dancing partner, Ashly, because if I were her, I would still want to be extremely cautious with Buzz Aldrin.

Regardless of his excellent physical condition, he’s still eighty, and maybe a little more frail than he was twenty years ago. As his partner, I would probably feel responsible

if anything happened to him during practices.

Maybe Ashly does feel responsible, because it seemed like their dance, although charming, was cautiously performed. I think the best part about seeing Buzz Aldrin on Dancing With The Stars is that he’s a shining example that hard work and dedication can result in outstanding achievements, and we should never stop striving for success.

Several decades ago, his personal achievements literally took him to the moon, and he’s still thriving today. Buzz Aldrin is definitely a hero and an inspiration for me, and I’ll definitely be giving him my vote for Dancing With The Stars season 10.

I hope he makes it far in the competition.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1023031033380631/k2311a0323/3.23.10