Metamucil
  • I like the health benefits of this product, but there are a few things I do not like about it
  • Another thing I dislike about this product is the texture
  • If you do put some effort into cleaning them before the dishwasher this problem can be resolved, but it is a pain to need to do so
  • I wish it were a better flavor and texture but it does a good job and I do recommend it to anyone

• by mamajess

Metamucil Orange Smooth Texture comes in 2 types, sugar free and the regular sugar added formula. I am not a fan of the sugar free variety so I always buy the smooth normal flavor. The sugar free one is not bad, but the flavor is just off enough that I do not like it.

I have been using Metamucil in one form or another for over 10 years. I do not like the flavor or the feeling of the powder as it goes down my throat and actually greatly prefer the pill form of metamucil, but it is more expensive so I reserve it for vacation.

Here is what I like about Metamucil. It helps keep you regular. I am not elderly, nor do I have any digestive issues, I am just a normal healthy person with a normal diet who enjoys the

lighter feeling I get from taking daily metamucil. If I take metamucil once or twice daily, I can really tell the difference. My husband is on the three times a day regiment and while I only use it most days once with breakfast, we both get quite a bit out of it Other than the cleansing ability of this product, Metamucil has other benefits, it helps lower cholesterol which everyone could use and the soluble fiber in it can help lower the risk of heart disease.

I like the health benefits of this product, but there are a few things I do not like about it. My main complaint is the flavor. I tend to water mine down more than is needed because I do not like the flavor at all. The sugar added one has sucrose as the first ingredient listed and you ...

• can tell. It is too sickly sweet, but as I mentioned I like the sugar free one even less, so I pretty much gulp my drink down as fast as I can.

Another thing I dislike about this product is the texture. I measure mine out exactly as the directions state but it is still too thick for my comfort. I have stood there and stirred for ages and it is still a weird texture. This is another reason that I water it down, I just find it unpleasant as it goes down my throat.

The last thing I dislike about this product is the residue that is left on my glasses after I drink it. If you do not rinse and then wipe down your glass it comes out of the dish washer with an obvious residue on it. I can actually

tell which glasses we have used with Metamucil by the look of them. If you do put some effort into cleaning them before the dishwasher this problem can be resolved, but it is a pain to need to do so.

All of my Metamucil complaints do not exist with the pill form. I do not buy the pills because they are more expensive but they do work just as well.

The pros: No cramping or discomfort caused by use.

Works well at keeping you regular.

Easy to use.

Container is easy to store and does not leak or spill easily.

Comes in multiple forms including bar, pill and sugar free.

Decreases the risks of heart disease and is effective in reducing cholesterol.

The Cons: Leaves a residue on glasses.

Flavor is artifical.

Sugar is the first ingredient.

My rating of this product is an 8. I wish it were a better flavor and texture but it does a good job and I do recommend it to anyone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2622031032760231/k2311a0322/3.22.10