Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds for Abs Workout
  • Actually, one of the main reasons I picked up Walk Away the Pounds, was that I had noticed my usual walking program had screeched to a halt over the harsh winter months
  • Unfortunately, I didn’t know about the belt when I bought the workout or I might have waited until I could find one
  • I found out later that I can order a belt through their Walk Away the Pounds website and will probably do that
  • If you are a power walker this will probably pose no problem for you
  • I think a beginner would definitely benefit from training with the Walk Diet program before moving on to this one as it will allow you to get used to the moves and build up the necessary endurance

• by Jude244

Leslie Sansone’s Walk Away the Pounds for Abs three mile workout, is the second in-home walking workout that I have tried recently. The beauty of in-home walking is that I can get an endurance building, calorie blasting workout, using familiar walk based steps; and do so regardless of weather conditions outside.

Actually, one of the main reasons I picked up Walk Away the Pounds, was that I had noticed my usual walking program had screeched to a halt over the harsh winter months. Now I can use this workout rain or shine, day or night, whenever I want to and know that I am getting in a three mile walk.

If you are unfamiliar with the Walk Away the Pounds for Abs workout, it is a three mile, 51 minute workout that centers on

four core walking moves with the most used being the power walk march.

The moves also include side steps, front and back kicks, and knee lifts. The moves vary in speed and intensity as the workout progresses. Along the way, Leslie shows you a mile meter and lets you know at each half mile interval until you reach the full three mile mark.

Along with the four main walking moves and their variations, this time Leslie has incorporated some upper body work using the Walk Away Belt. The Walk Away Belt is a fitness device that resembles a black waist belt and contains two handled resistance cords made especially for this workout.

Unfortunately, I didn’t know about the belt when I bought the workout or I might have waited until I could ...

• find one. Instead I used a combination of three pound dumbbells, and a double knotted stretch band which was okay in a pinch. I found out later that I can order a belt through their Walk Away the Pounds website and will probably do that.

I can honestly say this workout wasn’t difficult, but it was much more intense than the Walk Diet DVD I had tried from her previously. It starts off at a much faster pace and becomes even faster as you work toward the three mile goal. The resistance training performed with Walk Away Belt make this one even harder as you have do get your resistance work in while simultaneously doing the in-home walking steps.

None of it is particularly difficult, it is just a little taxing if you haven’t

worked out in a while or are out of shape. If you are a power walker this will probably pose no problem for you. If you are not in the best shape the 51 minute nonstop workout may be a bit much. I think a beginner would definitely benefit from training with the Walk Diet program before moving on to this one as it will allow you to get used to the moves and build up the necessary endurance.

While I was able to complete the three miles, I knew what to expect from the other DVD and just worked a lot faster on this one. If you do plan to purchase this workout at TJ Maxx or online try to get a hold of the Walk Away Belt so you get the full use of the workout.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3421031032140531/k2311a0321/3.21.10