Senor Pizza, Offering Pizza Delivery in St. Thomas  » Restaurants  »
East End, Red Hook St. Thomas, USVI 00802
  • So it was a convenient place for me to stop for fast service, and a cool place to get out of the hot Caribbean sun for a moment
  • The closest comparison I can make with Senor Pizza and a well-known pizza chain is Domino's pizza, and I have to say that I definitely prefer Senor Pizza over Domino's
  • The only problem I've ever had with their chicken wings was the decision I had to make between ordering barbecued wings, or hot wings, because their wings have been consistently delicious any time I've ever ordered them
  • I should also mention, that Senor Pizza has ample inside seating for anyone choosing to dine in at the actual restaurant in St. Thomas, and I think they deliver to all of the hotels on the East End of the island

• by Davis Tucker

I lived on the East End of St. Thomas for several years until recently, and Senor Pizza was the place I always called when I wanted to have a pizza delivered to my apartment. Not to mention, it was the only option for pizza delivery for anyone living or staying on the East End of St. Thomas.

If I was already in Red Hook, and I wanted to grab something quick to eat on the go, I would stop in and get a large slice of pizza. It’s not a bad place to stop, because the store actually has air conditioning. So it was a convenient place for me to stop for fast service, and a cool place to get out of the hot Caribbean sun for a moment.

I wouldn’t put Senor Pizza anywhere near the top of my list for best places to eat

in St. Thomas, and at the same time, it’s nowhere near the worst. The closest comparison I can make with Senor Pizza and a well-known pizza chain is Domino’s pizza, and I have to say that I definitely prefer Senor Pizza over Domino’s.

Overall, I would describe their pizza as average, but there have been times I’ve been lucky enough to stop in for a slice at the same time they were pulling a fresh pizza out of the oven, and at those times the pizza deserved an above average grade. On the other hand, sometimes I’ve ordered pizza for delivery, and the only way I could describe the crust was having an almost cardboard-like quality. It was obvious that there had been a significant amount of time between the time the pizza came out of the oven, and the time it reached my doorstep, because ...

• the pizza appeared less than fresh, and it didn’t optimally satisfy my taste buds.

It was still far from horrible, and I was still thankful that I even had the option of having a pizza delivered instead of cooking for myself. Delivery service of any kind is a rare find on St. Thomas, so I would often call to save myself the trouble of cooking dinner in the evening.

I always thought Senor Pizza’s prices were also pretty affordable for island prices, and even compared with stateside prices. I could order a large pizza and an order of wings for delivery for around a total of $20. The wings are definitely worth mentioning also, because the wings they offer are rather large by wing standards, and I would have to describe their wings as exceptional.

The only problem I’ve ever had with their chicken

wings was the decision I had to make between ordering barbecued wings, or hot wings, because their wings have been consistently delicious any time I’ve ever ordered them. I should also mention, that Senor Pizza has ample inside seating for anyone choosing to dine in at the actual restaurant in St. Thomas, and I think they deliver to all of the hotels on the East End of the island.

If you choose to eat there, they even offer a few gambling machines that you can try your luck at while you’re waiting for your food. I’ve actually won a few dollars from the machines at Senor Pizza over the years. I give Senor Pizza my highest grade for friendly and efficient service, and an average grade for food.

I would recommend it for anyone looking for an affordable and convenient meal on the East End of St. Thomas.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 721031031890431/k2311a0321/3.21.10