The Westin, A St. John Resort  » Hotels  »
Great Cruz Bay Road, St. John, USVI 00831
  • I've definitely put it on my list of places I have to return to one day
  • I think staying in one of the rooms there is more of a luxurious expense for most people
  • The Westin was a unanimous choice, because we couldn't think of anyone who had ever had an unpleasant experience there
  • I believe the bedding is called Heavenly bedding, and it's aptly named
  • Even if you can only afford to stay there for one night, I can almost guaranteed it's an experience you won't regret

• by Davis Tucker

The Westin in St. John is very close to the top of my list of favorite hotels I’ve ever stayed at. Although I’ve been there on a few occasions to have lunch or work on my tan, I’ve only actually spent the night there once. Just one night in a room at The Westin was enough to leave a lasting impression. I’ve definitely put it on my list of places I have to return to one day. I’ll never use the word cheap, or even affordable to describe room rates at The Westin.

I think staying in one of the rooms there is more of a luxurious expense for most people. When I stayed there a few years ago, I stayed there with three friends, and we all chipped in for a large room with two beds. We were all locals in St. John at that time, and even with a local discount, we paid over $300 for the room. Although that’s not an expense any of us could afford to pay on a regular basis, the price we paid for

our room was worth every penny that night.

Three of the four of us who chipped in for a room at The Westin were living on boats in St. John at the time. Getting a room there was a spur of the moment decision we made, and we all decided to treat ourselves to a night of luxury in comfortable beds. The Westin was a unanimous choice, because we couldn’t think of anyone who had ever had an unpleasant experience there. Although living on a boat isn’t always a glamorous life, it’s still a great life, but I was really looking forward to our little getaway at The Westin.

The employees at The Westin were very accomodating, and even though we hadn’t made a reservation, we didn’t have any difficulty getting a room. I was more than pleased with our room. It was spacious, tastefully decorated, and complete with a fully stocked mini-bar. The room actually exceeded my expectations. The bedding was definitely my favorite aspect of the room.

The bed I slept in that night at The Westin was without ...

• exaggeration the most comfortable bed I’ve ever slept in during my entire life. The beds were layered with unbelievably soft, pure white sheets, pillows, and comforters, and they were absolutely luxurious. I have never slept in a more comfortable bed, yet alone even sat on a bed that was so soft and inviting. After checking out the beds, I noticed there was a brochure in the room advertising that the bedding was actually available for purchase, so you could buy individual pieces, and experience the same luxurious comfort at home. I believe the bedding is called Heavenly bedding, and it’s aptly named.

I regret that I’ll probably never be able to afford to buy Heavenly bedding, because it’s fairly expensive, but it will remain on my wish list. Although I didn’t want to leave our luxurious room, it was after sunset when our group ventured into The Westin’s courtyard to check out the pool. The pool is massive in size, complete with waterfall and night lighting, and it was almost a magical site. We were lucky enough to have the entire pool

to ourselves that night. The water was the perfect temperature, and we enjoyed the pool for a couple of hours.

After getting out of the pool, we headed to the hot tub, which is right next to the pool in The Westin’s courtyard. Again, we were lucky enough to also have the hot tub all to ourselves that night. I would describe the water in the hot tub as almost too hot, but after taking a minute to adjust to the temperature, it seemed perfect. After luxuriating in The Westin’s pool and hot tub, we all headed back to our room for a relaxing night of sleep. I was the last one to check out the next morning, because I was determined to stay until the last possible moment.

I never wanted to leave that room at The Westin, because it was paradise. I would definitely recommend getting a room at The Westin on St. John for anyone who can afford the fairly steep prices. Even if you can only afford to stay there for one night, I can almost guaranteed it’s an experience you won’t regret.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 221031031870431/k2311a0321/3.21.10