Tarte Natural Lip Stain with LipSurgence Technology  » Cosmetics  »
  • I have no idea how to decide whether the results are 6000% better than what my lips looked like originally, but I can definitely say that this product accomplished its mission
  • I love the way the lip stain looks with or without lip gloss
  • I think it comes in about six different shades
  • I recommend it to anyone looking for a long lasting and intensely moisturizing lip stain that comes in a bunch of great shades

• by Intensify

I am always very wary of products that claim to improve certain things by 100%. I do not understand how they quantify things like that. The Tarte Natural Lip Stain that I picked up from Sephora claims to be clinically proven to increase the moisture of lips by 6000%. This label made me extremely skeptical, but also piqued my curiousity. Anything claiming to be that effective seemed worth trying. This lip stain is supposed to work similar to the way that cheek stains work. It makes it possible to have the color last all day long. It helps not having to reapply lip color many times throughout the day as it fades. The LipSurgence technology is supposed to increase moisture by increasing the water content of the skin so that your lips look more plump and smooth.

I have no

idea how to decide whether the results are 6000% better than what my lips looked like originally, but I can definitely say that this product accomplished its mission. My lips look fuller and plumper. It lasts so long. Lip glosses and lip sticks do not last as long as this lip stain. I am very pleased. It isn’t very shiny so I usually try to pair it with either a clear or a pale lip gloss. That allows me to achieve a shiny look without taking away the pop of color that the lip stain provides. I love the way the lip stain looks with or without lip gloss. I also love the way the lip stain feels. My lips are very hydrated and moisturized once I use it. I do not have to worry about getting chapped, dry,

• or peeling lips.

One lip stain costs about twenty five dollars which is kind of expensive but is totally worth it. I think it comes in about six different shades. None of them are very dark. They are mostly pale pinks. I purchased two of them: Lust and Enchanted. The description for Lust is red, but I think this is slightly misleading. It’s more of a really light berry shade. Enchanted is described as being a rose color which I find pretty accurate. There is also a really bright bubblegum pink sort of color called “Amused” that I wanted to purchase. All in all, I feel like they have a good set of shades, though I would like to see them expand and perhaps get more dark shades for those who want a really deep lip stain. I think these

products are pretty new so I expect that they’ll expand with time or once they realize that there is a demand for their products. I’m really excited to see where this line of lip stains goes in the future.

One of the many ingredients in this lip stain is peppermint oil. You can definitely smell this ingredient right off the bat. It isn’t too overwhelming, which is good. It also contains JoJoba seed oil which is another really good ingredient. The vitamin C and E in it are also great because they really help to improve the quality of your skin. I always try to look for products with these vitamins in them.

This lip stain is great. I recommend it to anyone looking for a long lasting and intensely moisturizing lip stain that comes in a bunch of great shades.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3121031031730431/k2311a0321/3.21.10