Bissell Cleanview Helix 82HI Vacuum Cleaner  » Housewares  »
  • I lugged that heavy machine around telling myself that it had to be good because of how much I paid for it
  • When I needed to buy a new vacuum cleaner, I decided to switch tracks completely and go mid-range
  • On sale at $75, I thought there was no way this would be a decent long lasting vacuum cleaner – it couldn’t be, could it

• by npz

I have always been a Dyson owner. I lugged that heavy machine around telling myself that it had to be good because of how much I paid for it! Quite frankly, I was never that thrilled with it. When I needed to buy a new vacuum cleaner, I decided to switch tracks completely and go mid-range. That is when I saw the Bissell Cleanview Helix Vacuum Cleaner. On sale at $75, I thought there was

no way this would be a decent long lasting vacuum cleaner – it couldn’t be, could it?

How wrong could I have been? I decided to take the plunge and buy the Bissell.

It is amazing. So far, it has proven more durable than the Dyson, no parts keep falling off or needing replacement. Nothing breaks, squeaks or rattles. This is a good solid vacuum cleaner that does what it is supposed to. It has all the bells and whistles of an expensive vacuum cleaner and a powerful light at the front, useful underneath furniture.

Suction is great, particularly on hard floors where other vacuum cleaners tend to struggle. It picks up dirt right up to the edge of the room and into the corners without having to get out all the attachments. For very difficult places under furniture, it has all the usual tools and brushes. However, it also has a turbo brush.

• Bissell Cleanview Helix 82HI Vacuum Cleaner
      This is a mini rotating vacuum cleaner that goes on the end of your hose, so you can go under the bed or cabinets easily as if you were using the main cleaner.

The canister collecting the dirt is reasonably large and very easy to empty. There is a nice large easy to use lever that locks and unlocks the canister, and the canister is see through so you can see when it needs emptying.

The Bissell is much lighter than

the Dyson, but heavy enough to give you that solid cleaning feel. Like all vacuum cleaners, it is prone to tipping over when the attachment hose is extended, but that is no big deal.

Bottom line, in this price bracket, you can’t beat the Bissell, and the Bissell easily competes against the more expensive mid range cleaners out there. Quite frankly, even at double or triple the price I paid, it is still so much better than any Dyson I have used.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5321031031400431/k2311a0321/3.21.10