John Doe: Pilot TV show  » TV  »
  • Visually, one of the interesting things about how John Doe the series presents itself is that the viewers often see the action from John's color blind eyes, meaning that we see black and white
  • I like the lure of the final moments of this pilot episode when he sees a young woman in color

• by Orrymain

From September 2002, the pilot of John Doe, a new science fiction series, brings us the basic story of an amnesiac person adjusting to life without a past, only with the twist that this man seems to know almost everything, except for his identity.

the viewers often see the action from John’s color blind eyes, meaning that we see black and white. This becomes important when he suddenly sees a girl in color. Why? This is the in the intrigue.

First, though, John wakes up, naked, and without his memory. Realizing his knowledge presents certain possibilities, he proceeds to gather ...

• a ton of money to buy a sports car and loft to live in. It’s a fun sequence, but I’m not crazy about his sports car.

I like the lure of the final moments of this pilot episode when he sees a young woman in color. She’s out of reach, on the ferry, but she calls out to

him, calling him Tommy. Is that his name? We have no clue.

Dominic Purcell, an actor I’m basically unfamiliar with, stars as the confused John Doe. At this point, I’m not sure I’m convinced at his talents, but we’ll see what happens as the show goes along. I’m curious enough after this introduction to watch more.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1021031031260331/k2311a0321/3.21.10