John Doe: Family Man TV show  » TV  »
  • Hayes went in spouting facts given him by John Doe (Dominic Purcell), but then he spoke from his heart, and that always works the best
  • Jill Teed appeared as the judge, and I really enjoyed her
  • I had no problem believing her as the judge

• by Orrymain

Much of the focus in John Doe: Family Man is on Detective Frank Hayes (John Marshall Jones) who is dealing with an impending divorce and custody issues. It’s that same old thing about a cop’s job interfering with family life. While I have sympathy, I also think that too many are like Hayes. They mean well, but that line between family

and job is too blurry. This episode actually highlights that fairly well.

There’s some humor in this Family Man episode as Frank temporarily moves in with John Doe. It’s nothing unique, but what they do does work. Also, it’s hard to get the image out of my head of John Doe pretending to be a clown. He’s wearing a mop, after ...

• all.

The hearing for custody was my favorite scene. Hayes went in spouting facts given him by John Doe (Dominic Purcell), but then he spoke from his heart, and that always works the best. Jill Teed appeared as the judge, and I really enjoyed her. She had the look and a commanding presence in her own way. I had no problem

believing her as the judge.

The police case for the hour is a really twisted one about a man who murders his family and then kidnaps replacements. It’s really odd and ghastly to even contemplate. I must admit I haven’t seen this particular angle done in this type of story before, at least to this extent, so it was new.

Overall, it was a decent episode.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1021031031170331/k2311a0321/3.21.10