Beaver Dam, WI KFC  » Restaurants  »
2.5
203 E. Industrial Drive, Beaver Dam, WI 53916
  • I don’t know why, but I decided to stop by our local KFC last night for dinner
  • But, a manager came out and processed it and I placed my order (I noticed they didn’t have it as one of their menu items so I’m guessing that’s why a manager had to do the override)

• by Review Vigilante

I don’t know why, but I decided to stop by our local KFC last night for dinner. I say this because, every time I go in there, I find more and more reasons to not like that restaurant. Maybe I just like punishing myself or something. However, I was hungry for chicken and I had a coupon for a $16. 99 variety bucket meal, which I figured would be large enough to provide dinner and lunch the next day.

Considering they have gotten extremely expensive recently, I figured that was actually somewhat affordable. Last night, however, I discovered just why they are so expensive. They have to make up for the money they lose by being so disorganized. As I described to my wife when I got home last night, it was a bit like watching a Three Stooges film.

I got there a little before 5. Despite the fact people were getting done with work and there would more than likely be a rush, they had none of the food done. Their shelves (and even the all-you can

eat buffet) were almost completely empty. I’m mentioning this because it will come into play later.

I presented the coupon, which was from the KFC. com site. At first, I didn’t think they would accept it. But, a manager came out and processed it and I placed my order (I noticed they didn’t have it as one of their menu items so I’m guessing that’s why a manager had to do the override).

Like I mentioned before, none of the food was cooked yet so I ended up standing around for about 5-10 minutes and watched as the employees pretty much ran around like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off because they were trying to look busy but didn’t really have a whole lot to do. While waiting, I noticed the manager scoop out a container of popcorn chicken and place it by my mashed potatoes and gravy. She then walked away as they were finally bringing out the chicken strips. While she was by the drive thru window, the girl behind the counter started putting ...

• my bucket together and I watched as she placed the chicken, chicken strips and a container of popcorn chicken inside (which I would assume would be the normal procedure since it is a variety bucket).

At this point, I walked over to get my drink since I knew the food would hopefully be ready to go soon. While I walked away, I noticed the manager going back over to the middle of the counter and grabbing the bucket the employee had just put together. I also saw her getting out some chicken strips, which I assumed were for the customer waiting behind me. By the time I got my drink, they had everything bagged but the potato wedges.

At this point, I noticed there were a couple of bags but I didn’t think a whole lot of it and left after getting my food. I got home and realized what had happened. Apparently, the manager and the employee weren’t communicating very well because they both got me chicken strips and both got me a container of popcorn chicken.

So I ended up with double of each.

Like I said, it reminded me a bit of a Three Stooges movie (or Abbott and Costello) where they weren’t paying attention and keep adding salt to soup or something. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining about the extra food and that restaurant has short changed me quite a few times in the past so I don’t feel guilty about getting the free food. However, I have to think that isn’t the first mistake like this that has been made and, assuming the fact they are raising their prices constantly is the direct result of them losing money, I really have to question how much of the money I’m spending is going toward covering stupid mistakes like this. The store either has under trained employees or a manager who doesn’t know how to run the restaurant; even when the place isn’t all that busy yet.

I’m probably wrong about this, but I have a feeling it’ll be a long time before I eat at that establishment again. This time, their mistake worked in my favor. Next time I probably won’t be as lucky.

Beaver Dam, WI KFC

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 718031029420831/k2311a0318/3.18.10