Beauty’s Punishment by Anne Rice (book)
  • I also liked the book because there were many different kinds of eroticism in there, but while one person like me might not mind them, I believe a few others might take offence

• by Redtape

I am usually not a very big fan of erotic novels, as many of my young female friends have been since they were in their early teens. In the one or two times I’ve read them, I’ve found that they’ve made me slightly embarrassed especially if other people found me reading them, I’ve found them unbearably unrealistic, and I

usually prefer historical, horror, suspense or thriller novels. However, the novel Beauty’s Punishment, which I’ve only been brave enough to get as an ebook by the way, is the only one I actually liked.

I liked the book because the writer Anne Rice, who is also a huge horror and fantasy writer, set up the story like a fairytale ...

• with many many erotic elements. Everything was so detailed too, so I find it’s almost impossible for me not to get aroused when reading even a small part of it. Her style of writing spells innocence, which is ironic especially for the main character Beauty, who is actually a nymphomaniac princess who is sold into slavery in this novel.
        Her prince, Tristan is also sold into slavery in this novel too, and they have a magical encounter once when they are being transported to an auction.

I also liked the book because there were many different kinds of eroticism in there, but while one person like me might not mind them, I believe a few others might take offence.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1718031029350831/k2311a0318/3.18.10