Blender 2.46 for Windows  » Software  »

• by Redtape

I was introduced to this software over a year ago by an ex-boyfriend since I told him that I wanted to go into animation and special effects. It was the first time I had ever even heard the name, and I was told immediately that it was a software that many people in the industry used for animation sometimes. I never got to try it out fully then because I was preoccupied with

other things, but it was only when I tried it out recently and was determined to start learning it when I understood that, it was a very complicated software.

The software is open source, which means I went online and can go online now for a newer version and download it for free from the site. There are also tutorials on the site, and lots of encouragement for sticking with learning it too.

• The only problem I have about the tutorials though is that they are not much more detailed. Therefore, there are one or two that I realise I’d have to completely figure out on my own since frankly, I don’t know what they’re referring to.

The software is very complicated in the sense that it looks very different from many other software I’ve ever seen. To a first time user like me that can

be quite discouraging too, since most of the screen looks like gridlines, which is flanked by a toolbar at the top and one at the bottom. I’ve just learned too, that one can use both the mouse and the keyboard.

The only other problem I have with it too, is that while basic geometric shapes like spheres and cubes can be created in Blender, characters like humanoid characters will have to be imported from other softwares.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3018031029340831/k2311a0318/3.18.10