Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment  » Cosmetics  »
  • I was running out of my usual spot treatment, so I decided to try a new one
  • My acne usually takes a while to disappear which sucks, but I've noticed that it has definitely gotten smaller and less noticeable
  • I am really impressed that it works so well for only 2.5% benzoyl peroxide
  • You squeeze the tube for the product to come out, and I like this
  • I think this is one of the better drugstore spot treatments that I've tried if you want to find one but don't know which spot treatment to choose

• by Kelairyy

I have combination and acne prone skin which means that I get acne, more than the lucky few who only seem to get one or two pimples in their life. I wouldn’t say I have too much, but I do have more than one or two, though luckily they are mostly fairly small. They’re usually around my t-zone (since I have combination skin and that is where my skin gets oily) which is the forehead and occasionally (but rarely) around my nose. Most of it is covered by my bangs, so I don’t really feel self conscious, but obviously I don’t enjoy having acne, and I would far rather prefer to have clear skin. I was running out of my usual spot treatment, so I decided to try a new one. For those who don’t know, a spot treatment is a cream that is kind

of like a lotion only you put it only on areas that have acne. The treatment has either salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide in it which is what actually helps the acne go away. The On-the-Spot Acne Treatment has 2.5% benzoyl peroxide that, according to the back of the tube, “provides the effectiveness of a 10% benzoyl peroxide formula with less irritation. Helps clear up acne fast while treating skin gently.” It was about $6 for 0.75 ounces.

Overall, this product isn’t a miracle worker and didn’t miraculously make all my acne disappear in two days, but I did notice some differences. My acne usually takes a while to disappear which sucks, but I’ve noticed that it has definitely gotten smaller and less noticeable. If I touch my skin, I can feel bumps from where the pimples are, but they are less red and you can’t really see them that much just from looking at my skin unless you’re really close up. It has worked better than the other acne treatments I have tried in the past, so I will be using this until it stops working for me.

I am really impressed that it works so well for only 2.5% benzoyl peroxide. I have tried a Clean&Clear one that had 10% benzoyl peroxide and it didn’t really seem to work at all. Also, I have tried numerous other acne products with 5% salicylic acid, and those haven’t seemed to work all too well on my skin. This one doesn’t clear my acne right away, but it definitely works, slowly but surely. Also, like it claims, this doesn’t really dry out my skin which is good because the dry skin just brings attention to the acne, and I hate having flaky ...

• Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment
      patches on my skin. Sometimes if I apply too much, my skin gets a little dry, but because of the lower amount of benzoyl peroxide, my skin is still fairly moisturized and isn’t flaky dry.

One thing I don’t really like about this product is that it doesn’t seem to last very long. The bottle is pretty small, and I’ve only had this for about two weeks, and already it seems like half the tube is gone. Granted, it is fairly cheap for only $6, but I don’t want to keep repurchasing this every month when usually most of my acne spot treatments seem to last for three months or more.

This comes in a squeezy tube similar to toothpaste but a lot smaller. You squeeze the tube for the product to come out, and I like this. It is really easy to get the

product out, and even when it is almost gone, you can still squeeze it really hard and get the product from the end of the tube to the top. It is really small, so it is easy to carry around if you want to dab onto your acne if you feel one appearing during the day, and it doesn’t take a lot of room in my bathroom!

Overall, I think this is a good acne spot treatment, and I would recommend this to people who want a cheap spot treatment that still does the job fairly well. I think this is one of the better drugstore spot treatments that I’ve tried if you want to find one but don’t know which spot treatment to choose. In the past two to three weeks that I’ve had it, it has made my acne a lot of smaller, less red, and less noticeable.

Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118031029250731/k2311a0318/3.18.10