Photoshop CS4 Portrait Retouching Essential Training DVD  » Education  »
  • I like this DVD tutorial because it was done by Chris Orwig, a professional photographer with years of experience
  • I don't know him and I have never heard of this guy until I boutgh this DVD tutorial, but then again, with hsi credentials I thought he must be pretty amazing
  • The lessons are very easy to understand even by individuals who have little Photoshop experience, and I know that anybody can do the same tricks which he does

• by brianhacks

This is a DVD tutorial which teaches how anyone can edit photos of portraits and retouch them. I like this DVD tutorial because it was done by Chris Orwig, a professional photographer with years of experience. I don’t know him and I have never heard of this guy until I boutgh this DVD tutorial, but then again, with hsi credentials I thought he must be pretty amazing.

And yes, he was. Actually, while watching

the tutorials I can feel that he is actually the kind who’s really committed to teaching anybody what he knows, and he seems to be a pretty down-to-earth guy who delivers the lessons smoothly, without mistakes and blunders.

Watching him, I can sense that he really does know what he’s doing, and he knows Photoshop quite well as a photographer. Each lesson is brief enough, not too long, not too short, and last around 10 minutes at most.

Each lesson focuses on a certain part of the face, like the ears, nose, eyes, mouth, cheeks, hair, and other parts of the body like the height, legs and weight. I like all of the tutorials.

Most of the tutorials concern with enlarging a certain part. For example, in editing the eyes, the tutorial shows how to make them look bigger.

The nose, on the other hand, can be made ...

• Photoshop CS4 Portrait Retouching Essential Training DVD
      smaller and the lips can be made bigger. The legs can be made longer to make the person look taller.

The tutorial also shows neat tricks to apply make-up to the face using the dodge feature of the toolbox in Photoshop, and hwo to remove unwanted hairs on the face and body of the person. Actually, watching the tutorials, I was pretty amazed by how Photoshop can do those things.

The lessons are very

easy to understand even by individuals who have little Photoshop experience, and I know that anybody can do the same tricks which he does. All steps are laid out and you can actually follow them as you watch the tutorials.

They are played in flash format, so you can use whatever media player you have to play them. I like the DVD and it is worth my purchase so I recommend this to anybody.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5018031028590631/k2311a0318/3.18.10