Hot Pockets Side Shots Pkg of 4 Mini Cheeseburgers  » Food  »
0.5
  • In fact, the buns are the best part of this food
  • When I took my first bite is when I realized this was not going to be an enjoyable eating experience
  • I finished off my two cheese burgers because I had forgotten to eat all day and because I don't like to waste food
  • I have a friend who is diabetic, so I know how to read food labels
  • In short, I think this company should stick with their regular hot pockets, which are not necessarily good tasting to me, but a million times tastier than this stuff

• by Scarlet Hughes

My mom brought these home as an experiment to see if they would make good appetizers. I only got around to trying them yesterday. I admit, I didn’t look at the package real closely. I assumed these were mini cheeseburgers, aka sliders.

I followed the microwave directions to a tee, as I always do when I’m trying a new frozen food product. Everything seemed okay.

My first clue that these were not normal mini cheeseburgers is that you have to make two at a time, and then separate them. The cheeseburger filling is encased in these soft buns, which are not unlike dinner rolls. In fact, the buns are the best part of this food.

When

I took my first bite is when I realized this was not going to be an enjoyable eating experience. The food inside was hot and steamy, I’ll give it that. However, the stuff inside was full of moist bits of food that seemed to be neither beef nor, cheese with a texture not unlike wet cat food. It was almost flavorless, apart from the saltiness. Come to think of it, the flavor and texture were more like baby food.

I finished off my two “cheese burgers” because I had forgotten to eat all day and because I don’t like to waste food. I feel that anyone else who opens the freezer and notices this ...

• product needs to be forewarned. I really should just throw them out. Like I said, the buns are actually a nice taste and texture. Perhaps I could scrape out the filling and just eat the bun.

After I ate this product, I went to the fridge and grabbed a handful of green olives just to get the taste and texture of this product out of my mouth.

It was only after eating, that I took a closer look at the package. I’m no health nut, but if I do eat something not so healthy it had better be worth it, that is it should taste really good. On the package they encourage you

to consume this product, because it contains calcium, which is a joke to me. I have a friend who is diabetic, so I know how to read food labels. They advertise on the front that there’s no trans fat. However, there is saturated fat and a ton of sodium, both of which are not only unhealthy, but should have made for a more flavorful product. It makes no sense to me why I should put my health at risk for a product that doesn’t even taste good.

In short, I think this company should stick with their regular hot pockets, which are not necessarily good tasting to me, but a million times tastier than this stuff.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2717031028080531/k2311a0317/3.17.10