Shake Weight workout  » Health  »
  • I’ll be the first one to admit that I thought the Shake Weight workout looked kind of goofy when I first saw it
  • Okay that I have to see, so I decided to pick up a Shake Weight set when I saw it in Bed Bath and Beyond
  • As the routine is only six minutes long, it is very convenient to fit into a hectic schedule and can be performed nearly anywhere
  • In all I think the Shake Weight turned out to be a better piece of equipment than I had originally thought

• by Jude244

I’ll be the first one to admit that I thought the Shake Weight workout looked kind of goofy when I first saw it. According to the buzz, you can go from flabby to firm in just six minutes a day. Okay that I have to see, so I decided to pick up a Shake Weight set when I saw it in Bed Bath and Beyond.

When I purchased the Shake Weight set I received a specially made white, black, and silver dumbbell and the step by step routine on DVD. The unique dumbbell uses Dynamic Inertia technology that relies on your own forced speed to generate the motion and create the workout intensity. In other words, the faster you move the weight back and forth, the more intense your workout will be.

While there are many exercises

demonstrated with the Shake Weight on the DVD, essentially there are four popular exercises shown on its accompanying guide that help to strengthen and tone the biceps, triceps, chest, and shoulders. In the main four all but the Single Hand Side exercise had me hold the Shake Weight with both hands, hold my elbows close to my body, tighten my muscles in my upper body, and move the shake weight back and forth on an even plane.

For the Double Hand Front Exercise I had to shake the weight in front of me diagonally at chest level. For the Side to Side move I had to hold the Shake Weight horizontally and shake it back and forth with both elbows bent and two hands on it, at waist level. For the Behind the Head move, I had to hold ...

• the weight with both hands, elbows bent and close to my body, and then shake it up from behind my head. Lastly for the Single Hand Side, I just had to shake the weight at shoulder level, elbows bent, and in an upward motion.

The Shake Weight is very easy to learn and to perform. It is also very portable and can be stored under a bed or near a coffee table for workouts during TV commercials. It works for all fitness levels and you control the intensity of the workout by the effort you put into it. As the routine is only six minutes long, it is very convenient to fit into a hectic schedule and can be performed nearly anywhere.

One of the things that surprised me about the workout is that I

actually did feel the muscles engaged as I performed the moves. They look simple and all but you actually do feel the muscles working when you do the moves correctly. I would actually have liked a little more shaking though on the DVD, as they also used the dumbbell to lift with in between the shake moves in something they called an active recovery.

In all I think the Shake Weight turned out to be a better piece of equipment than I had originally thought. The six minutes flew right by but I sort of wished there were more DVD’s to use the weight with since this one was so short. If however you are short on time and want to squeeze a quick upper body workout in before work, this may be the perfect thing for you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3417031028030431/k2311a0317/3.17.10