Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick  » Cosmetics  »
  • Since each color is different in application, even if they’re of the same brand and line I thought it was worth reviewing individually, so the following are my pros and cons to this lipstick
  • It’s definitely a brand and Rimmel line that’s easy to find since it’s sold anywhere that sells Rimmel products
  • I haven’t tried it with a lip primer so I don’t know if the quality would be better, but I wouldn’t recommend Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick in ‘Pink Chic

• by Liberty

A few months ago I went through a pink lipstick obsession. I fell in love with this Yves Saint Laurent lipstick in the most gorgeous shade of pink, but didn’t want to spend close to $30 on a tube of lipstick, so I went looking around at every drugstore, Wal-Mart and Target trying to find a very close color duplicate in an affordable brand. While I was at ULTA I came across Rimmel’s Moisture Renew lipstick in ‘Pink Chic.’ I absolutely love the color, and at first thought it was very similar to the Yves Saint Laurent one I was trying to find, but

turned out to be slightly darker. However, I still loved the color and kept it. Since each color is different in application, even if they’re of the same brand and line I thought it was worth reviewing individually, so the following are my pros and cons to this lipstick.

I’ll start off with the pros to Rimmel’s Moisture Renew lipstick in ‘Pink Chic’ first. What I liked about this Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick is that it’s affordable. I got mine at Wal-Mart for around $4. It’s definitely a brand and Rimmel line that’s easy to find since it’s sold anywhere that sells Rimmel products.

• This Rimmel lipstick was very moisturizing and creamy, more creamy than a lot of lipsticks that I’ve tried. I adore the pink color too, it’s a soft pink that’s wearable with my light beige complexion. I really liked that the color of the lipstick goes on exactly the same color as it is on the tube. I also liked that there was no taste to it, and it didn’t have a strange smell either.

I did have a few issues with the Rimmel’s Moisture Renew lipstick in ‘Pink Chic’ that I didn’t have with some of the other Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick colors. That

staying power was horrible, it comes off very easily, it bled and slid around my lips as well. I really didn’t like that it accentuated the lines in my lips and made them look dry and peeling.

Overall though, I loved the color and the creaminess but it was such a waste of money, even for $4 considering the horrible quality of the lipstick. Again, it’s not with all the colors in this Rimmel line, just certain ones. I haven’t tried it with a lip primer so I don’t know if the quality would be better, but I wouldn’t recommend Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick in ‘Pink Chic.’

Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3117031027960431/k2311a0317/3.17.10