Panasonic Lumix DMC LZ2 camera  » Cameras  »
  • The internal memory of 14MB can store just 3-4 pictures of average quality so I bought an 1Gb SD and I can store enough pictures on it

• by chiquita134

I have an older point and shoot camera, the Panasonic Lumix DMC LZ2. The 5 mega pixels available are enough for my needs and I managed to take great quality photos with it, some of them very professional. If the resulted picture didn’t look very well, I retouched it quickly using a basic program and the results were satisfactory.

I had to choose between the silver and the black one and I liked more the

black version because it looks classier and the silver one was a bit to shiny for me. The internal memory of 14MB can store just 3-4 pictures of average quality so I bought an 1Gb SD and I can store enough pictures on it.

Panasonic DMC LZ2 has a lot of features and an 8 scenes mode. So, you can choose from motion image, macro, economy mode, normal picture, playback mode, simple mode, snow and ...

• portrait.

The zoom option is easy to use and can go up to 24x, 6x optical and 4x digital. It also has a timing option, for 2 or 10 seconds so you can take fast a picture. I use most the 10 seconds feature because I want to prepare myself for the picture and to get in time in the right place without having to run like crazy.

A thing that annoys me is that I

frequently get red eye so I am forced to edit those pictures and it’s time consuming. Another downside is that it doesn’t have a video option, you can just take a picture and record the sound, but the picture doesn’t look very well.

However, the price was at about $250 and I am very satisfied with the camera I bought for this little money and it still does the job right after almost 5 years.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4317031027740431/k2311a0317/3.17.10