Baluarte Zoo  » Entertainment  »
Vigan City, Ilocos Sur, Philippines
  • The Baluarte Zoo is I think the best zoo that I have ever been to in the Philippines
  • I noticed that the place was really well maintained, I loved the fact that the area was really clean, the animals are obviously well taken cared of, and you can interact with other animals in the zoo
  • Even if it was really hot, we didn't care, and we walked around, and really enjoyed looking at the animals

• by ingking

Baluarte zoo is owned by former Governor of Ilocos Sur, Chavit Singson. This is one of the major attractions in Ilocos Sur and you cannot visit Ilocos Sur without going to Baluarte Zoo. It’s also accessible, just take a tricycle from the Vigan City, they charge 40php per tricycle, that’s less than a dollar for each ride, which can seat up to 4 people.

The Baluarte Zoo is I think the best zoo that I have ever been to in the

Philippines. There are no fees for the entrance, you just have to log your names and then that’s it, you are free to roam around anywhere. I noticed that the place was really well maintained, I loved the fact that the area was really clean, the animals are obviously well taken cared of, and you can interact with other animals in the zoo.

Even if it was really hot, we didn’t care, and we walked around, and really enjoyed ...

• looking at the animals. Everyone was so amazed by the tigers in the place, I think it was also the main feature of the zoo. The owner has a lot of tigers, some of them are even popular cause they have been on television. They were really big, and just scary, though I think I would have loved to hug one of them. They were cute, if not for the big paws and the large teeth.

We were lucky

to catch the show and tell of the zoo, which started at around 9am. They asked volunteers to hold / carry “surprise animals”. It was really fun to be able to touch animals like a big snake, a bearcat and a parrot. I really had fun and felt like I was a kid again on a fieldtrip. Another good thing about the zoo, is you can ask the caretakers to touch the animals, or take it out of their cage.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5917031027680431/k2311a0317/3.17.10