The Hillside Stranglers movie
  • The music aids in giving this movie that creepy factor

• by Orrymain

From 1989, The Hillside Stranglers is almost as frightening as the actual events that this movie is based on. I lived through these events, watching them unfold on television, and it was a scary time. I would have been terrified had I lived

in that area where the killings took place.

Richard Crenna portrays Sgt. Bob Grogan, the detective who investigates the murders. He eventually deduces that it was Angelo Buono (Dennis Farina) who was behind the vicious crimes, and their scenes together still get hairs standing up on my arms. This is probably the second most frightening real life depiction on the screen, and it’s chilling.

Billy Zane is insanely apt at playing the murderous Kenneth Bianchi. You just feel his evil lurking behind his dark eyes. I don’t even ...

• The Hillside Stranglers movie
      like to look at him when he’s playing this character, because the character is real.

The music aids in giving this movie that creepy factor. It’s like a snake, slithering beneath the surface of the action.

I’ve seen this movie a few times, and it gets

me churning every time. Real people died; this isn’t a fairytale, and watching this actually reminds me of that. Farina is deadly in his role. He, Crenna, and Zane make this a powerful drama. It’s very good, but as I said, it’s equally frightening.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1017031027620431/k2311a0317/3.17.10