Notorious movie
  • There's one moment early on when Grant and Bergman were side by side, and I thought about how stunning they looked on screen
  • You have to experience Notorious by watching innocently, letting the questions pop into your head and work their way towards answers
  • I'm simply going to recommend devoting the couple of hours it takes to watch this story transpire
  • This movie definitely lives up to its hype, so much so that I don't think it can truly be recreated

• by Orrymain

From 1946, Notorious is a classic movie that has been respected and admired since it was made. It’s a movie of intrigue right from the start. It keeps you on your toes, uncertain of motivations and realities.

Filmed in black and white, Notorious stars Cary Grant as T.R. Devlin and Ingrid Bergman as Alicia Huberman. The suspenseful

film plays best in this pre-color format. There’s one moment early on when Grant and Bergman were side by side, and I thought about how stunning they looked on screen. It was like glimpsing perfection. I truly don’t think it would have the same effect in color.

You have to experience Notorious by watching innocently, letting the ...

• questions pop into your head and work their way towards answers. I’m not going to spoil a thing. I’m simply going to recommend devoting the couple of hours it takes to watch this story transpire.

Claude Rains is also great as Alexander Sebastian. The last scene with his slow walk as he heads towards his future is so

dramatic and pulsating.

This movie definitely lives up to its hype, so much so that I don’t think it can truly be recreated. We just don’t have talent like Grant and Bergman anymore to give us that stunning moment I mentioned above. I hope the young people of today can appreciate the quality of a film like Notorious.

Notorious movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1117031027540431/k2311a0317/3.17.10