Jesse Stone: Night Passage movie  » Movies  »
0.5
  • Saul Rubinek was probably the most interesting

• by Orrymain

From 2006, Tom Selleck returned to TV with Jesse Stone: Night Passage, a movie I’d just as soon as have not seen. I’ve now seen two of these movies, and they have to be among the most depressing productions known to

mankind. What possible thrill did Selleck get from playing such a monotone role?

The first 20 minutes was like a painful diatribe, a man wallowing in some unknown sorrow who though polite has an attitude and thinks he’s better than anyone else. Whether or not that is his personality, that’s how Jesse Stone comes across.

Then there’s the bit with that adorable dog. I guess I should be glad he got a send off, for whatever reason, but I don’t watch television to ...

• Jesse Stone: Night Passage movie
      be entertained, as it were, by the demise of a beautiful pet.

The cast was solid, as far as that goes. Saul Rubinek was probably the most interesting. Selleck is so wasted in these movies. I feel like he’s trying

to do an anti-Magnum or something. It’s a shame.

Overall, though, even the end of this film is as lonely as the beginning, lonelier since the dog was gone. What’s the point? It’s wasted time, in my opinion. I have better things to do.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1117031027520431/k2311a0317/3.17.10