Tequila Sunrise movie  » Movies  »
2.5
  • However, since he's proven himself to be an A-class, number one jerk of a person, I can't bare to look at him

• by Orrymain

From 1988, Tequila Sunrise simply bored me from scene to scene. I could never get into it. In fact, I turned off the DVD on one day and went back to it on another, starting from the beginning. It was just too uninteresting.

Now it’s possible that part of it is due to Mel Gibson, who plays Dale ‘Mac’ McKussic, who may or may not be

a drug dealer or somehow otherwise involved in illegal drug trafficking. I don’t like Gibson. I was never a huge fan, but I did go and watch some of his movies. However, since he’s proven himself to be an A-class, number one jerk of a person, I can’t bare to look at him.

Therefore, perhaps my disdain for Tequila Sunrise has something to do with Gibson’s ...

• bland persona. Whatever the reason, it was a chore to get through his scenes.

Another of the big stars was Michelle Pfeiffer, who played the woman in the middle of two men. Her Jo Ann Vallenari had some spark to her. When she was alone or with the third co-star of the film, she was somewhat enjoyable.

Kurt Russell was the other side of the triangle, playing

Det. Lt. Nicholas ‘Nick’ Frescia. I’m not sure Russell is cut out to be a cop on TV. He was a little reserved for me, which is perhaps appropriate, but there was something about this often quiet portrayal that put me to sleep.

For me, Tequila Sunrise just couldn’t hold my attention. I applauded more than ever when the end credits began and my torture was over.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1117031027510431/k2311a0317/3.17.10