Virgin Blue airline
  • Virgin Blue is undoutedly the best budget airline to travel around Australia and in fact around Australasia
  • At the end of the day we're all human, and you can't really avoid human error
  • But I believe it's really how the company deals with the problem that matters the most
  • I thought this part of it could have been handled better

• by MelanyD

Virgin Blue is undoutedly the best budget airline to travel around Australia and in fact around Australasia. I have used this airline all over Australia and also for international flights in countries around Australia.

Personally, I really don’t mind when a company makes a mistake. At the end of the day we’re all human, and you can’t really avoid human error. But I believe it’s really how the company deals with the problem that matters the most.

Recently I was booked in a Virgin Blue flight which was cancelled only a few hours before the departure time. However, I immediately received a text message informing me of the change and asked to call their call centre. I called and the operator apologized profusely for the cancellation and booked me on their very next flight which departed within the next few hours. I was very happy with this.

However, when I got to the airport, my new ...

• flight had been cancelled again, so I had to wait at the airport for an extra hour and a half or so before boarding. I don’t see why they didn’t text message me again. I thought this part of it could have been handled better.

The staff are always courteous and pleasant to deal with though.

Like I said, Virgin Blue is a budget airline. I’m not sure about Business Class, but in Economy Class you have to buy

food or snacks for most of the local and short international flights. Don’t expect them to provide entertainment either. You have to pay about $20 for the use of the TV unit. So bring a good book or an MP3 player full of music if you don’t fancy paying for any of that. You’re also allowed to bring food with you (except hot beverages). If you’re flying international, however, make sure to check the customs regulations of your destination.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4017031027150331/k2311a0317/3.17.10