Motorola KRZR K1
  • However, from my experience in using a KRZR K1, I have to say that it did not meet my expectations of a cellular phone
  • Not only did it cost as much as an iPhone does today, but it also came with no demo games or anything to pass time, as well as an instruction manual that lacked content and was difficult to decipher
  • This posed a huge problem, as I was at work for approximately 10 hours each day, and I could not afford to have my cell phone off half the time--I could not receive calls during that period
  • Unfortunately for me, none of the recommended fixes worked, and the warranty on the phone had run out, so I had to turn off the phone for most of the day (until I needed to make a call)
  • I do not recommend this phone to potential cellular phone buyers

• by allenz

The Motorola KRZR K1 has a sleek, lustrous appearance and was once one of the most popular phones on the market. However, from my experience in using a KRZR K1, I have to say that it did not meet my expectations of a cellular phone. Not only did it cost as much as an iPhone does today, but it also came with no demo games or anything to pass time, as well as an instruction manual that lacked content and was difficult to decipher. During the first 3 months, it

worked quite well, but after that, I started to notice a few gargantuan problems.

Firstly, after 3 months of use, the KRZR K1 started to run out of batteries at an alarming rate. A fully charged battery would run out within approximately 5 hours of being turned on (in contrast to the original ~100 hours). This posed a huge problem, as I was at work for approximately 10 hours each day, and I could not afford to have my cell phone off half the time–I could not receive calls during ...

• that period. As a result, I took the phone back to Future Shop, and the battery was replaced. Nevertheless, the new battery only lasted for ~15 hours; although it was better, it still did not match my expectations.

After approximately a year of use, the KRZR demonstrated odd behaviour. The screen would not go to sleep when it was supposed to (after approximately 30 seconds of not flipping opne the phone) and as a result it stayed on, wasting batteries, throughout the day and night. The battery life at this

point was approximately 3 hours, because running the display wasted a lot of power. Unfortunately for me, none of the recommended fixes worked, and the warranty on the phone had run out, so I had to turn off the phone for most of the day (until I needed to make a call).

Overall, I am quite dissatisfied with the KRZR K1, and I will be looking to get a new phone quite soon, when the plan on the KRZR runs out. I do not recommend this phone to potential cellular phone buyers.

Motorola KRZR K1

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3716031027010331/k2311a0316/3.16.10