Loreal Eye Makeup Remover  » Cosmetics  »
  • I have a big problem finding makeup and makeup removers that don't irritate my eyes
  • I decided to try it anyway because I had a coupon and this stuff ended up being not oily at all
  • I would only recommend this product to people who wouldn't mind the child lock on the cap

• by Nicolina

Loreal eye makeup remover comes in a 4. 0 fluid ounce bottle that looks like it has two layers to it. In order to remove makeup effectively, the directions say to shake well and then use a cotton ball soaked in the remover to remove makeup. This product claims to “remove waterproof makeup. ” I don’t quite remember the price but it was within the same range as competitors makeup remover prices so I decided to try this one instead.

The product comes inside a really pretty green bottle with a white top, it looks nice displayed on my dresser. Now what do I really think of this product? Well, first of all, while the bottle may be pretty, it is also very annoying to open. It a child lock on the top like many prescription medications do. You know, the kind of top that spins and spins but never opens unless

you push it down and spin it.

This is really aggravating to me because once I shake it up and open it, I soak one cotton ball but I always need to use more cotton balls than that. So I have to close up the bottle and shake it up again because by this time the product has already settled and the two layers have separated. I end up having to open and close the bottle four or five times by the time all my makeup is removed. Added to this is the annoying child lock which is the icing on the cake.

I can see how the child lock can be useful though. During travel it is good because it prevents the bottle from opening inside your bag and spilling all over the place. Loreal eye makeup remover doesn’t really have much of a scent, it smells like absolutely nothing ...

• actually. When I use it on my eyes it feels nice and cool and hasn’t irritated my eyes yet.

I have a big problem finding makeup and makeup removers that don’t irritate my eyes. This one doesn’t give me any problems though. It actually does remove waterproof makeup like it says, and it does so a little faster than other liquid makeup removers I have tried. Also, it hasn’t ripped out any of my eyelashes yet, and hasn’t caused to me to lose any during the day.

On the bottle it states that it “conditions lashes,” which I guess is true because my eyelashes seem to be in good shape. At first I was wary of this product because it looks like it contains oil and I have extremely oily skin and I hate that oily feeling on my eyelids. I don’t want to have to wash my eyes with soap

after using a makeup remover, the remover should clean everything. I decided to try it anyway because I had a coupon and this stuff ended up being not oily at all.

It leaves the skin around my eyes hydrated and doesn’t leave an oily residue anywhere, not even on my lashes. Oily lashes give me a problem when I got to put on my makeup again. If I apply mascara to oily lashes, my lashes straighten out and look ridiculous. Overall I had a good result with this product, it does what it says and doesn’t make any false claims.

Would I buy it again? Probably not, but only because of the annoying cap of the bottle. If it opened a different way I would buy this again because it speeds up makeup removal time and doesn’t irritate my eyes. I would only recommend this product to people who wouldn’t mind the child lock on the cap.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3116031026760231/k2311a0316/3.16.10