Cacharel Promesse Perfume
2.5
  • I would say that the initial scent seemed to wear off about after 4 hours, and although this isn’t a big designer scent, then for the price I paid I would have expected it to last that bit longer

• by leeanne

I smelt this when at my niece’s house. It didn’t look that expensive, and sort of just looked fun, girly and that bit of a cheaper scent. At first glance of it I didn’t know of a make or brand of this, but have to say that the bottle looked nice and sort of pricy.

I have since looked online for the box and price details about this. I have only seen this in a 30ml bottle which had a recommended retail price of around £22, but was getting sold online for around £14. my niece got this for a present so not sure how much it cost then when she got it. She has had it for about 2 months, and likes it, but she is using other scents along

with using this one up.

The box is quite wide and not that high. Then again with the bottle size you wouldn’t expect that large a box. The bottle sits in here alright, and isn’t all jammed in. the colouring is a nice pink colour and looks light and fruity.

The bottle is lovely. It is square and quite wide. You can see the light pink liquid through the glass. There is a few ridges on the sides of this as well. The lid is alright. It is a plastic square which has a little pink ribbon hooked at the top. You can remove the lid just by holding the sides of the lid, or by pulling the ribbon.

So how does this smell? It is nice. I wouldn’t say it is ...

• that a sophisticated scent, or that long lasting or fancy, but it is nice in a light simple scent way. Some of the ntoes I could smell in this was citrus, sparkling scent, jasmine, orchid, blackberry, musk, sandalwood, amber and cedar. From hearing all these notes then you could image that this is a light and fruity scent. The sandalwood and jasmine give a good heavy scent to this, which is nice as it gives a bit of a background to the lighter notes.

I sprayed this first thing in the morning and could still smell this ever so faintly later in the afternoon. I would say that the initial scent seemed to wear off about after 4 hours, and although this isn’t a big designer scent, then for the price

I paid I would have expected it to last that bit longer. Just a shame that this isn’t either in a larger bottle, or is a bit cheaper.

I would say that this was more suited to a younger perfume wearer. My niece is 17 and I would say probably anything up to age 25 would love this. Even people older would probably like this but I just think with the notes in here then that would be the target market.

So the scent is nice, the bottle is beautiful and it is all ok. I wouldn’t mind using this on the odd occasion since it is a nice simple scent, but I wouldn’t be happy paying all that for how this lasts as there is Perfumes that are just as nice out there.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5616031026650231/k2311a0316/3.16.10