Starcraft 2 Tower Defense (Flash Game)  » Games  »
  • I love Starcraft and I loved Ninja Kiwi's famous Bloons Tower Defense game, so I thought I would give this game a try
  • This wouldn't really be a problem as long as there is a constant and fairly decent supply of money after every round
  • Unfortunately, the starting price of each turret is way too expensive for the amount you're given at the beginning of the game
  • I was also trying to figure out the best places to put the turrets as the route was very short, but the roads were quite wide

• by Shadow Zero

“Starcraft 2 Tower Defense” is an online flash game created by Ninja Kiwi. This is a tower defense game that uses Terran structures and characters from the PC game (that’s yet to be released), “Starcraft 2″. In this game, you use turrets and other structures to prevent the Terran characters or units from getting to the other side of the map.

I love Starcraft and I loved Ninja Kiwi’s famous Bloons Tower Defense game, so I thought I would give this game a try. From reading the Help and Tips page, I can already see how complicated this tower defense game was going to be. There are five different turrets or structures; each structure has three

different stats and each stat can be upgraded four times. In addition, some turrets deal more damage to certain units while less to others. So, it was important to at least have one of each different turret.

This wouldn’t really be a problem as long as there is a constant and fairly decent supply of money after every round. Unfortunately, the starting price of each turret is way too expensive for the amount you’re given at the beginning of the game. Furthermore, you don’t really get a lot of money for each unit you destroy or kill in the game. In short, I died several times near the beginning of the game, trying to figure out ...

• if fewer turrets with more upgrades was better than more turrets with less upgrades. I was also trying to figure out the best places to put the turrets as the route was very short, but the roads were quite wide.

Needless to say, I spent a good couple hours trying to figure out my strategy before I was able to really get into it, but it was all fun. There’s a lot of excitement when it comes to playing a tower defense game, and this one was no exception.

There are no extra tracks or perks in this game compared to Bloons Tower Defense, which is the bad part about this game. There are 47 levels with

only one possible track, but there are three difficulties. The only thing I would say that kept me wanting to play this game is to be able to reach the end. I’ve tried several times, but no luck as of yet, and all because I don’t get enough money in the game. But that just means you have to think much harder to be able to get through the game.

Overall, it was nice being able to see one of my favorite games be turned into a tower defense game, and a highly challenging one at that. I hope Ninja Kiwi makes more Starcraft ones in the future. You can find this game at Ninja Kiwi’s website (http://www.ninjakiwi.com/).

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2816031026620231/k2311a0316/3.16.10